16 October, 2018

and hold my head to the silt, to the sand, to the bone-white dead of the Rio Grande

INTERMUNDIA is our next stop, though I'm not sure exactly what it is? Their bio says this:
"Welcome to Intermundia. Dark, gothic, experimental, psychedelic art, kitsch, horror, Halloween, gallery, club, & hangout space. Lost souls & outcasts welcome. LGBTQ++ friendly.
/*Sky: "Places Midian"*/"
So...I guess we'll find out, because as presented, it sounds less like a haunt and more like a goth or darkambient club.



So, nice little area to port into. Some crypts, the lovely arch with the purple lights, some pretty nice carved jack-o-lanterns to one side.



I loved this--a set of four rotating stone statues of hooded, lantern-wielding figures, in the center of which are floating red candles. This was just perfect.



So! In the house proper. Walked through a kitchen area with some neat touches, stopped dead at the bathroom. We'd been doing so well until then. Out of nowhere we're no longer in 'elegantly creepy' territory, but in full-on serial killer/massacre mode. Well, hell.



Upstairs, there's a little sitting room, and...I loved this, too. This entire thing. The red curtains, the sunburst surrounding the inverted pentagram, the skull on the spirit board...Just beautiful.



I tried to make these a little brighter, but nothing really worked, which is sad. Closet ghosts! Floating closet ghosts! Using striped sheets! OMG, so adorable.



Sadly, I skipped the kitchen shot, and while I could reopen Gimp and edit it into a frame, I'm just...not. It's been a technological day of terror--three relogs before I finally connected with the grid, then two crashes, then logging back in and parking in a sandbox, clearing all caches to reload from scratch, then had my entire computer fold up and need restarting, so...yeah. No more for today. Five pictures will either tell you enough to go there, or make you shrug and move on, and I'm fine with either.

I liked this haunt. I want to go back and click on all the things, see what it can do in full tourist mode. It's simple, it's charming, and the only moment of media infringement was the Dark Bride from INSIDIOUS peeking in the upstairs window. No idea why; nothing in the rest of the house is implying a link to that film. But still, overall, well done, charming little house.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...