09 October, 2018

there was a place in the pines, a little spot, I called it mine



Welcome to Shadow Woods. It's sitting in a slightly laggy sim, and the parcel was more rectangular for some of the houses I was considering, but...I think it turned out pretty well.



Of course the cottage is haunted, but they're relatively quiet. (I'm still pondering putting sounds out, not sure if I will.)



There is a fire if you get chilled, and places to sit, both in the cottage and outside.



This is the one glitch, and it is kind of glaring. The cottage is no-mod. Which is mostly fine, it's a great little build. But the window seating area with the curtains? Has an invisible, non-phantomed prim across it. Once you sit on the windowseat, you cannot move past it.

Now, it's easy enough to cam out and find another seat, but...it is an annoyance. I apologize for that, there's nothing I can do. (I did try.)



The piano, outside, I discovered has some lovely animations. I'm so glad I found it. It came from Loggia Dei Mastri's Hallows line.



There's a quiet little cemetery on the other side. Nothing that screams in your face, nothing will pop out and terrify you. I guess...I wanted a haunt this year, but I didn't want anything that would fray the nerves.



All in all, I like the way it turned out this year. It's not a huge haunt, it's not intended to be. It's just a quiet place to wander, sit, take pictures. I'm happy with that.

Come visit if you like, it will be open through November 1st, at least.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...