24 October, 2018

don’t think of what it’s cost me, it was all for a cause

I know, I know--another one? Well, I thought I'd covered all of 'em too. But apparently not, because there's one in Sand. Their bio:
"I made it 3 times bigger than last year and I now have 3 spooky rides, pumpkin bumper cars, haunted corn maze, haunted forest and a cemetery.. Haunted House"
Huh. Okay.

width="500">

Wait, I've done this one before.

But they said bigger...

width="500">

So much glow. So very much glow. Allll the glow.

width="500">

It's so specific a look, though. Like, not just reproducing a traditional crank-and-chain dark ride, but reproducing a traditinal 1960s-era crank-and-chain dark ride. It's a very particular aesthetic.

width="500">

But, okay, mostly seen that before, what else was here? Well, one of the new rides was named "Emerald City", a tribute to Oz. I did think this was neat--the cars are glittery red shoes, and the first room is entirely monochrome. Y'know, like Kansas.

width="500">

Second room was Munchkinland, weirdly without Munchkins, and the room after that was the Emerald City itself. Which, weirdly, seemed just to be lots of green walls, lots of green glow, and lots of faceted emerald textures. I...guess?

width="500">

I walked towards the third ride, seemingly some sort of asylum or zombie set-up, saw the Patient Alice and F.E.A.R.'s Alice in the window, and decided nope, I was done.

Unless you really like old-school rides, I'd say give this one a pass. Though if you haven't seen it, and you like haunted rides, then hey, there's three here, knock yourselves out.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...