23 July, 2013

you will only hear these elegant crimes fall on your ears from criminal dimes

(from the Hair Fair album)

All right, first off, I must register a protest: Miss Wrigglesworth, this marquee scroll makes it VERY DIFFICULT to take successful shots of your hair demos! This defeats the purpose of blogging about your hair for events!

(from the Hair Fair album)

Now, then. This is the "Big Fat Spirals" hairstyle, and if you're one of the folks on the grid who've never checked out Curio Obscura, let me be the first to tell you that a visit to the store itself is a highlight of wandering the grid. Past the store build, you'll realize that Mademoiselle Wrigglesworth has a boundless imagination within very defined limits--that being steampunk, dolls, curious modes of transportation, clockwork devices and robots, and of course very unusual hairstyles, attire and shoes.

(from the Hair Fair album)

So I'll be honest--you may look at this and think, this does not look like realistic hair. And you would be right because that is profoundly her very point. This is hair for constructs. This is hair for clockwork dolls, for androids powered from random parts and cavorite, this is hair that is the height of artifice (sometimes literally, as in the case of her Rococo Fantastico style).

(from the Hair Fair album)

Next up, the "Braids Unfurled" hairstyle, which was impossible to capture without the marquee demo scroll in the way.

(from the Hair Fair album)

I do adore the little bow detail, and the flip on the end of each braid.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is the "Glamazon Swoop", and this is so lofty and frothy I'd expect it to lift me into the air to waft off on the summer breezes, were I not chained to the pose stand. This makes anime hair look sedate.

(from the Hair Fair album)

I can't imagine the outfit this would require for a complementary look, but Bob Mackie is coming to mind.

(from the Hair Fair album)

I must have taken a good twelve pictures of the "Godiva Deluge" style alone, until I suddenly realized the problem: I had the mesh rainbow bloomer shorts under the mesh hair.

(from the Hair Fair album)

So, carefully slipping them off, I nervously posed again, and realized the beauty of this hair--while I'm not entirely sure how well it would hold up to walking through a skymall, at least in a static photo it's completely covering me from view.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And this is the "Manehawk", a Mohawk Helena Stringer would have been proud to create. It's showy, it's bold, it's stunning.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And it's even better in back.

You can find Curio Obscura in Brickness.

(The skin's from Aeva; this particular one is called "Arielle ~ Tone 0 // Gemstone [Mid Cleavage]". I think it was a group gift for this month. The eyes I'm wearing are from Adoness, her "Tomato Blue" freebies, because they go so well with this skin. The lace bloomer shorts come from Souzou Eien, and were a gift from this month's Femboy hunt. I borrowed the top from Seldom Blue's purple gown freebie, and finished it off with stockings from Honey Kitty, her simple dot tights in Mixed. And the shoes are a gift from Rosy Mood to celebrate the Skin Addiction reaching some sort of goal [I forget which one].)

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...