13 July, 2013

no, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality

Hair Fair opened today!

Okay, you don't understand. This is not excitement, this is utter panic. Why? Because I signed up when I started seeing "Hair Fair is coming" signs around the hair shops, and then heard absolutely nada (outside of two mentions of a photo contest) for the next few months.

Then last night, suddenly, it's opening tomorrow and here, have a couple demos!

This morning, I logged in, grabbed those, muttered about inconsiderate designers who didn't send out demos in advance, and opened the group screen to see what I'd missed.

Apparently--even though I had group notices set to be received and sent to my inbox--I received nothing that went out. So, this morning, I pulled down something like thirty or forty demo packs--all sent on the 12th, near as I can figure--and started mildly freaking out, because I had things to do today that didn't involve sitting in a skybox for hours, taking pictures.

So I'm only getting to this now and AAAAAAAAAAGH.

In short.

I'm gonna start with the first box received, which was from Discord Designs, so here we go.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is "Bobbi", in Brunette. I can't figure out if it's supposed to be just a tight-braid casual bun...pony-bun...whatever...or if it's supposed to be gathered-up short dreads. It's a nifty casual style either way, with enough wisps of escaping hair to be truly convincing.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And from the back, so you can see all the lovely bits of escaped hair and the variegated texture.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is--in my opinion--a better casual dreads style, or maybe it's more that I'm far likelier to grab a random scarf and tie it around my head to keep my braids back. (I don't have dreads, I do have braids, usually just the two, but sometimes up to six to eight, so yeah, sometimes, you just want everything tied back and reasonably pretty.) It comes with a changeable-by-click-headband. It's called "Ciss", and I'm showing it off in Dirty Blonde, with the headband set to "KJ Green".

(from the Hair Fair album)
(from the Hair Fair album)

This is it in the "Burpery", sort of a picnic-at-the-country-club plaid, on the left, and this is it in the Pillarbox Red with the Red Tartan scarf on the right. Nicely done. (It's got several scripted options, these are just three I picked mostly at random.)

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is the "Cosima", in the lighter, 'Gracile' style, in Nut Brown. Very, very pretty. Not sure how adaptable it might be to prim breasts, but still, very pretty.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is the "Cosima" in 'Robust', in Cast Iron. Visually, there's less difference between the two style types than some previous hairs have shown--the 'Robust' is, in general, just a little bit thicker on the extensions. Here's the only annoying thing:

(from the Hair Fair album)

It's rigged mesh--all of these seem to be rigged--which means that big gap on the back of the hair? Yeah, that's pretty much going to be there always.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And finally, the "Deoridhe" (which I find impossible to believe is not named for Deoridhe Quandry) in Mid Grey, which is a quirky, pretty updo with wonderfully spiraled braids. This may be my new go-to casual for the summer.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And this is it from the back, showing off the really amazing mesh work, and again, the variegated textures. (These are not all the colors these styles come in, of course--these are just the more 'natural' tones.)

You can find Discord on the Cloud sim at Hair Fair. Back with more later!

(For the completionist in me: I'm wearing MDM's Strawberry Glasses from the Momiji hunt, a mix of Pink Sugah's "Country Girl" jumper outfit and Purple Candy's 'Elements' outfit in blue [which you barely see] with the SN@TCH Sweater Tights in Blue [which you don't see] under the Show Me On the Doll Tippytoes Ponyboots in Blue [still miss the loss of SMOTD, and which you also don't see].

(The skin's from DBF's 'Eili' line, which I think was a freebie; I'm wearing it with Rue's Painted/Wet Paint Lips from the Fruity Purlieu set; this is the 'Grape Cherry' color, which is worn under TL Designs' 'Subtile White Lipstick' [yes, that's how she spelled it].

(My eyes are once more from Sin Skins, her Ocean/Obsidian eyes, and are no longer available.
(And the setting was the Ruin Skybox, currently available on the Marketplace as a freebie. It's 54 prims, kind of staggering in these days of mesh, but for a calming, decent photographic setting, it's pretty awesome.)

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...