19 July, 2013

if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

Next on the grand tour: [INK] Hair, and below is "ANDY", in Gray.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Again, fairly sure this is is a mens' salon, but still, this could be a cute pixie cut for women, an attractive short style for men; it's neatly unisex.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is "BENZIE(A)", in, gods help us all, "Baige". I'm not fond of this one but I'm choosing to show it off because this really is a perfect 'bedhead' style; and by that I don't mean the artfully moussed-and-disarranged-deliberately hairstyles we see in the fashion mags, I mean, just-rolled-out-of-bed-in-someone-else's-apartment, you're-not-sure-where-your-underwear-is unkempt.

(from the Hair Fair album)

I loathe the expression, but this is seriously collegiate-grate, "Walk of Shame" hair. As such, it has potential for some of the harder-edged school RP sims.

Not shown: the two Fedora-and-hair styles, and "Seya", because it alpha-ed beyond belief.

You can find [INK] in Harbour.

Up next: [LWL], or the Ladies Who Lunch. They've got an interesting thing this year.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is "Jillian", in Meringue, a short, wave-curled style, barely past the shoulders.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And this is "Jillian" from the back, just to give you the full surround look.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And this is "Jillian" with the mesh extensions. You have to wear the base hair, then pick Add to Worn for the extension, but still, it's very pretty.

Not shown: "Edith", a casually-gathered top bun (that also came with a dropped-pony mesh extension), and "Ursula", which I swear had me looking for hidden fish in the strands due to the wave-like sweeps. Unfortunately, while "Edith" was attractive, I am again pressed for time--and "Ursula", for all its innovation, alpha-ed.

You can find Ladies Who Lunch on Cloud.

And we're tying up this entry with Mystic Tiger, starting off with "Harpy":

(from the Hair Fair album)

I don't know why, I really like this one. I don't have many feathered avatars, but this makes me want to put one together.

(from the Hair Fair album)

I think partially it's because I've never seen feathers as hair before. Feathers in hair, yes, but not this. It's very distinctive. I'm wondering how many feather variations it comes in.

There is a slight bit of alpha flicker on the very ends of some of the side feathers, but other than that, it works amazingly well.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Then there's "Ka'Ree", which could work equally well on an alien queen from some far distant, and suitably fantastical, land, or as an Elizabethan peer of the realm.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Yes, the pearl strands are photosourced, but I'm willing to comp them points for that, because the rest is so stunning.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Meanwhile, speaking of queens, at least warrior ones--this is "Leo". I'm not sure if this is intended as a male or female style, but honestly, either sex, or any other sex, could pull this off with the right scenery and attire.
(from the Hair Fair album)

It's all braids and beads and dread-like spikes from the back, which continues that dangerous, feral ruler mentality.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And finally, there's "Tesla", which...uh...So. Yeah. This is a thing.

YNot shown: "Laverna", which could not be resized and which didn't fit at all well on my head. You can find Mystic Tiger in Port.

(The skin is from Sin Skins' 'Etheria' line, in particular the "Epimelia"; I have no idea if she's still in business, though, so try the SLUrl and hope for the best. The eyes I got around the end of 2012; the maker no longer lists a shop, but they're the "SP DreamEyes - Solar Flare" if you want to ask ylang2 Resident about them.)

(The outfit's a mix between Orange Marmalade's "Flutter Me Not" florals and Una's "Eivi Flower" decals. They don't pair that badly. No shoes, no stockings; dryads really don't need them.)

(Oh, and today I'm using Paulina's "Fairy Blue" for Windlight settings. Usually I don't, but I just found midafternoon a little bland, for some reason. I think because I've been playing a lot of Star Wars: the Old Republic, of late.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...