21 July, 2013

I'm very good with plants when my friends are away

Today, we begin with [sYs], which I'd always thought of as a futuristic stop for space-age gear, plus some really interesting shoes and makeup styles. But apparently, they've branched out into hair!

(from the Hair Fair album)

Well...sort of hair...This is their "Flamingo" style. Just when I said there were no feathered hairstyles on the grid, I get two in one season. This one, though...I'm not sure it's their best work.

(from the Hair Fair album)

From the back, it has more alpha issues, and...I don't know, there's something about it even from the front that just looks...off.

(from the Hair Fair album)

The "Peacock" variant--I've never seen an all-blue peacock, but hey--had alpha issues in the front, too.

(from the Hair Fair album)

As well as alpha issues in the back.

(from the Hair Fair album)

"Phoenix" alpha-ed in the front, as well...

(from the Hair Fair album)

...but alpha-ed much less obviously, or at least from fewer angles, from the back.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is the "Nikita" hair. First, it's a striking style, full of gloss and shine. All the styles I tried before and after this one had the glow-banding, and this still sort of looks like feathers, but on the right avatar, this would be stunning.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Unfortunately, as rigged mesh, it cannot be resized or adjusted, as evidenced by the scalp bleed in the back. (There was a HUG included, which claimed to be able to re-size styles, but it didn't work. I'm sure that the full, purchasable version's HUD does work, I just couldn't show off that feature here.)

Not shown: "Raven" and "Sygne"; the alpha issues were just too tragic.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Finally, the "Nina" style, which I'm only showing in the Dark Red, but all the styles for "Nina" look like this. I'm not saying it's a bad look, at all; but I am saying that this is a plush velvet texture, not a hair texture.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This does make a great case for synthetic hair, though. Why does it need to reproduce hair exactly? It's synthetic; it can be anything! Why not go with that?

(from the Hair Fair album)

And this is the last bit from the lot, a demo on the accompaniment for "Nina", a side-scalp tattoo. Lovely work.

You can find [sYs] in Harbour.

(The skin's from Aeva, her "Tsuki/Saturn" in tone 3, mid-cleavage. The eyes are from Poetic Colors; they were a freebie back in the summer of 2012, but Mm. Ling has similar blended tones in both white and dark sclera. The outfit comes from MeshedUp, and it's called the "Azra" in Brown. No shoes, and the armlet and the necklace came with the outfit.)

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...