19 July, 2013

my fur is hot, my tongue is cold

(from the Hair Fair album)

We're starting off with Gauze, and this is "Demara", using the Pyromaniac HUD. Can't tell you what colors this is in, 'cos nothing's labeled. I'm not even entirely sure how the system works, beyond e x c r u c i a t i n g l y s l o w l y . . .which yeah, is about as annoying as you think it is.

But basically, there's four color sets on each side, and a pack of really tiny buttons along the bottom. I suppose it's set up so that any style that HAS all these color options can be colored off of pack A, pack B, or streaked with colors from four separate sections. I really have no idea.

(from the Hair Fair album)

I do like the idea of hair horns for some reason, though. Dunno why. It's not like I don't have enough horns on my own!

(from the Hair Fair album)

It also comes with an ivy decoration.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And this is "Fark", using the Gems HUD for coloring. It seems to be the same deal on all the huds--two separate sections of four different colors, or color blends, each, then a bottom row of buttons under the "Streaks" labeling that for all I know, does nada on the demo HUDS.

(from the Hair Fair album)

It's a fun style, but it's not flexi at all. Though the weird thing is, it looks so much like it should be, I found the immobility really easy to ignore.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And this is Kataname, with pictures of two different kinds of decorations. This one is the more earth-tone color blend, with the "Bronze" metal loops.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And the back, showing the crossed-braid detail.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And this is one of two rainbow-esque color offerings, with the metal loops in "Steel".

(from the Hair Fair album)

And, of course, the back of that color variant for comparison.

Gauze is in Harbour.

(The skin is from Sin Skins' 'Etheria' line, in particular the "Epimelia"; I have no idea if she's still in business, though, so try the SLUrl and hope for the best. The eyes I got around the end of 2012; the maker no longer lists a shop, but they're the "SP DreamEyes - Solar Flare" if you want to ask ylang2 Resident about them.)

(The outfit's a mix between Orange Marmalade's "Flutter Me Not" florals and Una's "Eivi Flower" decals. They don't pair that badly. No shoes, no stockings; dryads really don't need them.)

(Oh, and today I'm using Paulina's "Fairy Blue" for Windlight settings. Usually I don't, but I just found midafternoon a little bland, for some reason. I think because I've been playing a lot of Star Wars: the Old Republic, of late.)

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...