14 July, 2013

I hope you didn't expect to get all the attention

So, Day Two of Hair Fair coverage! I haven't even made it to the Fair, yet...

But this is what I'm going to do. Last year I had slightly more time, but ran into kind of the same issue, so same thing here--I won't be covering every single style, just the ones that catch my eye, and I tend not to go for strictly normal hairs, so warning, info, take that how you need to.

We start with Bliensen + MaiTai, and I should say first the only reason you're getting the Hair Fair location of their booth is because I tracked it down. They didn't get a landmark in their demo pack. Something they did give in their demo pack, though: a malfunctioning script. Oh joy.

So--when I'm already stressed on time--giving me a box that doesn't deliver right, making me rez it out again and take out the hair packs manually, only to find that each hair pack is not a demo, but an all-color variations pack of those styles that also needs unpacking...Yeah, I won't lie, it irked me some.

(from the Hair Fair album)

So this is "A kiss is just a kiss" in Auburn, which is unrigged mesh and comes with resize scripts (as well as the attached hat).

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is "Come to the City" in Chocolate, with the patterned hairband set to "BigDots". I like this one a great deal.

I left out "La folie du jour", because it proved too much of a hassle to resize on the fly, as well as "Modern Times", because I just couldn't get a good angle, and "Shanghai Lily" because it seemed to have no resizing ability. That being said, I really adore that a hair designer is taking on the 1920's. There's at least one dieselpunk sim open, and many styles from the 1920's and 1930's are still worn with 1940's outfits, so there's significant room to maneuver. So go them.

Just, next year, please check your scripting before sending out the demo box!!

Next up: Lelutka, also on Cloud, and I couldn't get any good shots of their hair between the HUGE wall-of-text demo-box floating alongside the hair, and the inability to resize. (I'm sure it's only a problem with the demos.)

Still, I did like their Lorella hair, so here:

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is the promotional picture from LeLutka themselves, and between seeing this hair on, and looking at what it's supposed to look like in this shot, I'm willing to traipse by their booth and check it out. So it's not a total loss.

Next: EMO-tions, with their "Collien" (*twitch*) hair in Silver:

(from the Hair Fair)

I like this one. But there is a down side--it partially alphas, and pretty obviously so.

(from the Hair Fair)

Le handy diagram, though you can also see it pretty clearly from the front. Do the alpha problems kill the pretty? I'll have to think on that.

(from the Hair Fair)

This is the "Loredana" style in 'black-gray', a lovely casual updo that's very attractive.

(from the Hair Fair)

And this is "Sidney", a stylized, smooth, glossy modified 'hawk, shown here in 'intensivered'.

Not shown: "Mystery" and "Romance."

(Usual run-down: The "Unseelie" skin from the 'Diety' line was part of the last Twisted hunt, and came from Aeva/Heartsick. The eyes are part of the Cassiopeia pack [Twilight set], from Rue, and are called "Cichlid".

(The outfit's part of Nomine's 'Ameno' gown collection, which were highly-priced (and prized!) limited-edition gowns released...um...last spring? Last summer? At some point last year, when I still had excess spending funds. This version was called "Wisteria", and I don't wear it as often as I want to. It comes with shoes, which you're not going to see in these shots, nor most of the gown itself, but hey. Credit where credit's due.

(Oh, and I always forget to mention--my signature back tat which I nearly always wear, Kala Bijoux made; unfort, it's no longer available. I bought it originally in 2006, just a few months onto the grid; when tattoo layers were released in 2010, I wrote her, and she was kind enough to send me a pack of the tattoo layers of the wings. I am forever grateful to her for doing that. Check out Material Squirrel; she has some pretty things, including actual, fluttering-about wings, plus she's been designing mesh wonderments for a while now.

(And the backdrop's still the Ruins Skybox from yesterday.)

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...