18 July, 2013

dry and dusty, I am a capsule of energy

So, we're back on the Hair Fair trail, but first, an announcement from the sponsors (of the event, not me). From the Hair Fair DEMO Group today, under the heading "SCAM":
Someone is sending out invites to a Hair Fair Gift Group with a FEE attached this is a SCAM.
Hair Fair does not ever and will never charge a fee to join any group or attend the event, do not join tell your friends to be sure not to join.
Also NO stores in SL that are legitimate in any way will ever send a group invite to their customers with a FEE attached, it will always be a customers choice to join on their own.
NEVER ACCEPT GROUP INVITES THAT COST !
So there you go. I hadn't heard anything about this, but if anyone else has, it's been officially denied by the event's organizers.

Besides which, they're an officially recognized part of a fundraising effort for an official charity--why would they ever mess that up by charging fees for "free" gifts? Hells yes, this is a scam, and a scam in pretty poor taste, as well.

(from the Hair Fair album)

First up today: Decoy, with Lia, shown in Jet Black (simply because I liked the way the 'demo' repeated in the typeface contrasted with the electronic tracing on this skin). This is a casual, wavy style that just barely drapes over the shoulders.

Not shown: the other two styles, both shorter. You can find Decoy in Cloud.

Thank you, Due, I think we get it's a hair demo. Tone your paranoia down a notch.

(from the Hair Fair album)

At any rate, this is "Penny", shown in Dark brown 1. From the front, it's a simple center-part straight fall, but from the back, it's a high pony, so it's kind of like two looks in one. I think I like it, but it's hard to tell with the big chin stamp.

You can find Due in Port.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Next is Enigma, and I'm starting with "Angelika" in Ivy. At first I thought this was a nicely braided style, some loft, some lovely interweaving of a crown braid.

(from the Hair Fair album)

I'm not entirely sure I would have paired this--in any color--with a big bright bow, but about then was when I noticed the hair didn't seem to have a stopping point from my vantage point, looking at the shoulders and up.
(from the Hair Fair album)

So I pulled back the camera. Oh, wau. This is long.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is really long. Like, longer than me, long.

So I changed into the other two styles I wasn't going to show off, and realized that was going to be eight other pictures just of those two styles. So we'll pick this one up in the next entry.

You can find Enigma in the Cloud sim.

(The skin's from Kre-ations; it's the "Dark side of the moon cyber version", whatever that means, but I think it was a group gift. The eyes are IKON's "Utopia" eyes in Dark Red, M pupils. The outfit's from one of the last Latex Station hunts; this is the "Spaceport" catsuit in Silver. And the shoes are from Malfean Visions, they're the IlliadCorp Boots in Quicksilver.)

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...