24 January, 2021

go and find another adventure, c'mon let's go

The new art exhibit by Bryn Oh and Cica Ghost is called White Veil, and I'm not sure if it's completely open yet? But Bryn had been asking interesting parties to test the mechanics, so that's what I'm here to do.

whiteveil2

So let's begin here, with the single biggest hazard of the exhibit, both literally and by size. The first obstacle to understanding is an obstacle--or, more importantly, a set of obstacles that roll down the hill. Several round balls in white, of varying sizes...and this big boy.

whiteveil3

When they hit the avatar, the avatar goes *poof* back to the beginning of the course, base of the mountain. This is INCREDIBLY frustrating. This entry, in fact, features shots from my third attempt up the hill. But there is a slim, a very narrow, up side: these little blue discs. Step on one, the avatar is "protected"...but it's a very restricted protection.

whiteveil1

In short: each disc offers about ten seconds or so of being trapped in a bubble in which we can't move, can't roll to the side, can't roll off the disc--but which can be struck by the orbs rolling downhill, and knocked around, popped into the air, whatever. Which...is also incredibly frustrating, because sometimes, they decide to *poof* when we're right in front of that big boulder. And *whomp*, back to the beginning.

And then...several days went by during which I didn't return, though I planned to, because I still want to see the rest of it. But, sometime during the planning-and-not-doing, I got invited to the actual opening of the installation.

whiteveil4

Meet random person I saw there. This outfit was incredible--in person, it shimmered, glistened, and it was also far more sheer standing next to her. She was stunning. Wish I knew who she was.

whiteveil5

We had all gathered for the second part of the opening events, having started with a live musical concert. That's Rosedrop Rust on the big chair in this shot--he was one of the spoken-word poets that performed during the second half. I am so glad I was able to go, and listen to poems of tentative hope and light, and slow renewal, because this event I'm talking about, for the last two images? That was January 21st.

But...walking the exhibit itself? That is still unfinished. I have not made it to the tower. I do not know what lies at the top. I will return, though I have no idea when this exhibit closes. So there will be at least one more entry covering White Veil.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...