31 January, 2021

smoke 'em if you got 'em, 'cause it's going down

Another day, another attempt to get to the tower at White Veil. All right, you rock bastards, let's go.

white-veil-attempt3-1

So, same thing, start at the beginning, agree to the experience if you've never been there before, and start out. "Simple"...

white-veil-attempt3-2

Found out what the squares do. So this is pre-their effect (on my second attempt running up the side of the course), but they attach with a variety of squeaking sounds, before bouncing you up in the air. I don't know if it's an always thing, but at least they didn't dump me back into center track. Always off the track entirely, crashing into trees or penguins.

white-veil-attempt3-3

Oh, what's this? A little bridge out to...a TV? Why?

white-veil-attempt3-4

A TV that's just showing a still image, even. Hmm. But that did remind me, I meant to watch the video the artists released of the exhibit. And there are a few clues in there for how best to access the track.

white-veil-attempt3-5

Finally made it to the tower! I felt accomplished! And I was almost immediately sent back to the beginning because...the winding ramp up has little discs SHOOTING PUSHING ORBS AT CLIMBERS??? Bryn, WHYYYYY?

white-veil-attempt3-6

Made it to the winding ramp again on the third try, and dodged the little shooting discs, and...RIGHT INTO A MAGNET I COULDN'T ESCAPE FROM ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

Which held me until the big rock was released down the ramp, and rolled right over my face. And I got sent BACK to the start for the third time.

I have a certain point I always reach with restart games, that started when the organizers behind the Twisted hunts decided it was more fun laughing at tortured souls than actually giving them a reasonable challenge. Three's about it, and I'm at my frustration limit. Which may be the point, I don't know, but I do know it's going to be at least another week before I try again.

I still don't know what's at the top of the tower.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...