05 January, 2021

there's no way to ring the alarm, so hold on until it's over

(Roleplay entry, if a basic one.)

snekagain1

Back again prospecting, and I think I'm finally getting decent at it. But...the snakes. They looooove following me around.

snekagain2

I thought it would be harder to pick them out in the camouflaged snow form, but...no, they're weirdly more obvious.

So far, barring attacks from Reavers and the occasional gang of bandits, Haven's main hazards are the toxic mushrooms, the spiders, the snakes, and the wolves. The wolves are easy--they're fairly territorial, so avoid the areas they're in and they generally won't exert themselves to attack. The spiders, while very annoying, are slow, so when I see one drifting from the web, I just run out of the way. The mushrooms have the capacity to be lethal, but it's not like they move around. So stay away from those patches, and I'm fine.

But the snakes. The snakes are irritatingly mobile.

snekagain3

I swear they're taunting me.

And I'm supposed to be protected. The little ankle bracelet I mentioned earlier? It's supposed to keep them away, or at least, that's what I was told. This is a strange definition of "will stay away", if so...

snekagain4

Another day, more ore tracking, and even more snakes. Whyyyy....

snekagain5

I decided I'd had it, pulled out my palm pistol, finally approved by the magistrates, and...missed with every single shot. Come on.

I need a better gun.

snekagain6

And if the snakes can laugh? This one is. I just know it.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...