27 September, 2019

they left their markings in the coconut forest and scraped on the shore

Another day, another store. (I know, I know, but seriously, I am so far beyond tapping out I'm checking random group creators' profile picks on the off-off-off-off-OFF-chance they actually still link the haunt advertised.

The description is typical for the form:
High quality Gothic Furniture and castle furniture crafted to exceptional standards Gothic fireplaces sofa armor coffin graveyard bookcase antique medieval Victorian furniture Pipe Organ Vampire furniture Halloween market decorations fog haunted mesh


And you know, if this were a real haunt, they have the atmosphere down perfectly.



One of the few old-style flexi prim ghosts that I think still works today. I think it's because of the aging and damage from the base texture; it struck me halfway between "vintage photograph" and "damaged tape recording".



There is one huge benefit to seeking Halloween ambiance in stores that make props: I know that most of the time (barring that one burned house at Raven Mist, which just may be this one I found on Marketplace), if I really like a thing, I can buy the thing.



Compact bone fire, nicely done.



A pair of coffin bookcases, very detailed. I also really like the look of these.



Skeletal archer! (Which is always amusing; I mean, yes, I know, skeletal archers show up in a lot of media, films, books, games, but my brain always seizes on the fact one needs muscle strength to pull back the bow, and...there's no muscle on a skeleton.)



Downstairs, there's a section of the more directly haunted items; a medieval-style Tesla coil, crypts, raised coffins, scarekins like this one.

It's worth a wander if you still need haunt decorations; I'm kind of kicking myself now that I'm not putting this year's haunt together. (I had an idea last year for a haunted school, and I just haven't tracked down the build I like--and frankly, I haven't had time to seriously build a school from scratch--so it's tabled for next year. Hopefully.) The prices do not in any way match Dench Designs' current sale, but for the level of craft and detail in Avro's decor and furnishings, they're well worth the prices charged.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...