12 July, 2021

if you get out of bed, come find us heading for the bridge (part CXVI)

(Roleplay entry. Continued from part CXV.)

Zack inhaled the salted night air from the sea, and pulled out the journal to inscribe another entry.

Journal Entry 3

Dear Diary,

It's been probably half a year now that I live in Gearhaven. Due to the larger amount of work I had to take a break from some of my other activities. It was a sacrifice, yes, but I was willing to take it for the love of those around me and for myself.

Medically speaking, the clinic seems to find a good productivity, we have a very functional team for the requests and the health of the Duchy's citizens seems to have greatly increased according to statistics, which probably pleases the Duc Hiro, The Duchess Emilly and the Countess Justine.

My efforts for now were focused mostly on Gearhaven, but I know that needs might also be requested on the other regions. Tannhäuser, Dark Sea and Krakenstorm don't have a clinic like we have here, and I even had very few patients who were transfered here from one of those regions.

Even if we manage quite well in terms of productivity, it will come a time where we will need to expand and open new clinics to the medical network of Gearhaven. I should put it on my agenda and present this to the next council meeting.

Now I can understand how much leading work Dr. Sanchin has when she need to manage almost all of Tau 34's medical network. But I believe in my skills and the teaching she gave me. It should not be too hard, should it?

On another pair of hands, my research on the Countess' marks had me ask the help of Deebs. It seems like for some mysterious reasons, those marks on her body, especially the one on the back, reacts strongly to arcanic magic. We managed to temporarily seal its power, but the seal we put won't last long. I believe a strong force, probably the same cause of the dimensional rifts, is at work on her...something is trying to get to her and I am deeply worried about it. I will study hard to find a way to make sure she is safe.

Finally, when we talk about strange and strong forces at work, the duchess managed to finally destroy the rift inside the tower. I felt it...but there was something else that happened since, it almost seems like the grounds of the four regions are surrounded by strange magical energy signatures everywhere. I am not sure if they were detected by the sensors yet or if Emilly, Deebs and Justine felt the same thing, but I guess I am the first one to have the feeling that the destruction of the rift might have brought something else into our lands...or woke up something slumbering since a long time.

This is something I will need to explore, but not alone. I will start to work right away on sending messages all around the four regions to request help on an expedition.

End of entry


He set the pen down, put the journal away, and simply sat for a moment, thinking, before closing the clinic down for the night.

(Continued in part CXVII.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...