09 July, 2021

aren't you the bright one? aren't you the trooper?

Contraption chat, because Basil, the clerk at Contraption, is mentioned, though still anonymizing individuals? This...went places:
[14:22] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Omg Basil is not here
[14:22] txxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: youre right!! omg..wait who is Basil?
So for anyone who doesn't know, Basil is Contraption's overworked clerk. Being a bot, he pretty much just sits in the store constantly. I believe you can IM him and the messages will be delivered to the designers. I think you can also click him for store information.
[14:22] nxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: he sim restart crashed?
[14:22] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): This...is a problem
[14:22] pxxxxxxxxxxxx: thats what i was trying to figure out earlier and jsut didnt want to panic
[14:22] Gxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxxxxxx: Noooo! Basil!
[14:22] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Don't panic
[14:22] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): NOBODY PANIC
I mean, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.
[14:23] Bxxxx Bxxxx: [Txxxxxx] how come you don't know Basil ffs ?
[14:23] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I'm sure there's an explanation
See? Even past me thought there was.
[14:23] lxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: houston, we have a problem
[14:23] pxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: im panicing!!!
[14:23] txxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I knew Basil..even though jhe was a drunk he was a good guy
[14:23] axxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Coffee break?
[14:23] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Oh, see, explanation.
[14:23] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): He's out for coffee. Of course.
[14:23] Gxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxxxxxx: I have been trying to chat him up for years
[14:23] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Same here
[14:23] Bxxxx Bxxxx: but he left his book so probably not leaving for long
[14:23] sxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I actually heard the on-sim Basil is a clone, and the REAL Basil goes out to cause havoc
Havoc? That doesn't seem very Basil-like.
[14:24] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: everyone deserves a break...even useless elves like me~ c: ♥
[14:24] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Any time now, he'll come back in, caffeinated to the gills, and sit down and vibrate for four hours.
[14:24] oxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: wait you guys can see Basil?
[14:24] Bxxxx Bxxxx: God damn leaf lovers.
Meet Mr. B, our main antagonist. Very hostile rodent.
[14:24] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: x-eyed-smile-emoji
[14:24] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): We usually can, yes. Just not today, apparently.
[14:24] Mxxxxx Wxxxxxxxx: Only seen him once
[14:24] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr) is also a fan of tea leaves, if it helps. And basil leaves. And lemon leaves...
[14:25] Walton F. Wainwright (faust.steamer): Region restarts likely took him down, he'll be up eventually.
[14:25] Cxxx Cxxxxxxxx: Perhaps [Sxxxx] has scolded him again.
[14:26] Bxxxx Bxxxx: BASIIIIILL!!!
[14:26] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Oh, I see. Region restart made him depressed.
Even bots have bad days.
[14:26] Walton F. Wainwright (faust.steamer): Basil is on 24/7 in the mainstore, so you'll see him every day unless something like thishappens
[14:26] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): So give him time, people.
[14:26] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I'm sure he'll be back to his normal standoffish self in no time.
[14:26] sxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: does he need therapy?
[14:26] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Don't we all?
[14:26] Bxxxx Bxxxx: I was afraid of my best friend. I was visiting him for our tea party.
[14:27] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): "Of" is ominous there...
It really is.
[14:27] Bxxxx Bxxxx: I don't need therapy, I need money
[14:27] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): OH, well, I'd like that too, yes.
[14:27] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Monthly 1000$ without working will do for me.
[14:27] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): I don't mind working for it.
[14:27] Bxxxx Bxxxx: I can even raise a child.
[14:27] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Woo! Life skills!
[14:27] Pxxxxx Cxxxx: honestly alot of problesm could be fixed if people were given more money
[14:28] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Also true.
[14:28] Gxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxxxxxx: Yes, yes. But... Basil!
True, let's focus on the problem at hand.
[14:29] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Still not here :(
[14:31] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Breathe. In and out. It will be okay.
[14:32] Gxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxxxxxx: I am making posters
[14:33] Bxxxx Bxxxx: We should form a search team
[14:34] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: +
[14:35] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Where would we search? There's only so much store.
I mean, unless Mr. Wainright has been experimenting with alternate dimensions...
[14:35] axxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Anyone look under the desk yet?
[14:35] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Is there any event release Books ?
[14:36] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: Sorry [bxxxx] i would like to participate in the search team thing..but my vision is pooorly done x-eyed-smile-emoji
[14:36] Bxxxx Bxxxxn: poorly ?
[14:37] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: Yah my vision is bad i can only see the nothingness x-eyed-smile-emoji
[14:38] Bxxxx Bxxxx: how is that work ?
[14:39] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: I'm curious. If you only see the void does it see you?
[14:39] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: yessss! x-eyed-smile-emoji
[14:39] axxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Depends, are you looking at a black cat?
[14:40] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: ahhhh i see some outfits that i'm loving already... x-eyes-blergh-emoji
Yeah, that happens just entering the store.
[14:41] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: Vote poll more outfits please!
[14:42] Bxxxx Bxxxx: First time here ? fearful-emoji
[14:42] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: x-eyed-smile-emoji second time yess
[14:42] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Shame
[14:43] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx Is not the smartest elf and would fall for almost any trap sadpout-face !
[14:43] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Well, THAT'S a blatant advertisement.
[14:43] Bxxxx Bxxxx: First of all, I hate leaf lovers.
[14:44] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Secondly I hate 1 demon
Remember what I said? Hostile.
[14:44] Bxxxx Bxxxx: and thirdly, WHERE IS BASIL!
[14:44] Gxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxxxxxx: They say the first 24 hours are crucial
[14:45] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Which demon? I want to make sure I'm not that demon, because apparently you already hate me for the leaf thing. :p
[14:46] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Also....wait. Now Em haz a confuse. Coffee beans are not leaves??
I mean, I'm right on that, yes? Coffee beans are berry seeds and tea is flower leaves...right?
[14:46] Bxxxx Bxxxx: You are an elf and a demon ?
[14:46] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Eh, more generally shapeshifting fae?
[14:47] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Thats worst than elf
What did I do to Mr. B? I think it boiled down to existing. And then:
[14:47] Walton F. Wainwright (faust.steamer): Group Notice Sent by: Faust Steamer
NEW RELEASE @The Men's Dept!
Dear Contraptioneers,

We have two brand new bags out for you to grab, with male and female bento holds, that can be worn on LEFT or RIGHT hands! Hurray!

We've got a gladstone bag here

And a totally not suspicious violin case here

Grab these today and try not to be too suspicious. Landmark attached to this notice!

Best regards,
Walton
[14:47] Pxxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx mumbles in tiefling
[14:47] Bxxxx Bxxxx: oh those bags looks really good
They do. I have very little use for the Gladstone bag, but...I kind of want it anyway.
[14:47] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): But I have some demonic aspects, with the horns, and the tails, and the....Wau. [Bxxxx]. Judgy l'il mouse, aren'tcha? rofl-emoji
[14:48] Bxxxx Bxxxx: What are you ?
Truly, a question for the ages. Even I don't really know. Cross-drawn and not quartered, cursed and squandered, parents two species that generally can't interbreed...I mean, who really knows?
[14:48] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Also we don't trust Tieflings here eyes-squinched-shut-emoji
Mm, I think it's more that you don't trust Tieflings, Mr. B.
[14:48] Pxxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: its ok, most don't
[14:48] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Leanán Sídhe Unseelie fae Duchess of Gearhaven, and you?
I mean...I married into the Duchy, but the Leanán Sídhe, that's mine.
[14:48] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx: ... Guys.
[14:48] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): (I'm not arguing, I'm laughing. But if he's arguing, I'll drop it.)
And this much is true. I was not upset, more bemused and baffled, by Mr. B's extreme antipathy.
[14:49] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx:

botnapped1

[14:49] Pxxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxx: lol wat
[14:49] axxxxxx Rxxxxxxx snorts into sip of coffee
[14:49] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): NUUUUUUUUUU! Basil's been botnapped!
[14:49] Walton F. Wainwright (faust.steamer): Oh, guess I better hire his brother, Oregano now
[14:50] Bxxxx Bxxxx: He got a brother ?
[14:50] Pxxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: Mint is kinda fun
[14:50] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Just not Catnip. She's a troublemaker.
[14:50] lxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: His sister Rosemary is quite nice
[14:51] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx:

botnapped2

[14:51] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): NUUUUUUUU
[14:51] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx: The kidnapper also said they want more V-tech stuff. I dunno, they seemed pretty serious.
Those dastards.
[14:52] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx: I'd give me--Er, them, what they want.
[14:52] Pxxxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: so we just get someone big and mean to wait under the bridge with the 25L
[14:52] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): What is this world coming to?
[14:52] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Oh! Solution! Send [Bxxxx].
I mean, he may not qualify as big, but he likely qualifies as mean.
[14:53] Bxxxx Bxxxx: OHHHH
[14:53] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Got it now
[14:53] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Its a new marketing strategy. Mr.Wainwright make Basil disappear so we have to get the new bag for the ransom money.
[14:54] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): GENIUS
[14:54] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: money? ;o
[14:54] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Well we don't have letter yet but probably kidnapped for ransom
*points up* Letter. Right up there.
[14:55] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx:

botnapped3

[14:56] Pxxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: wonder what the kidnappers taste like
Anxiety and desperation, probably.
[14:56] Bxxxx Bxxxx: This handwriting same with your [Sxxxxxx]
[14:56] Bxxxx Bxxxx: Lads and Laddies, we got him.
[14:56] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx: Nonsense, I don't have handwriting.
[14:56] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: XD
[14:56] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx: I went to school for compsci.
[14:57] Bxxxx Bxxxx: [Sxxxxxx] release Basil immedietly or I will hunt you down.
[14:57] Sxxxxx Fxx: does Basil not get a vacation?
[14:57] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx: I have no arms, how could I hold him captive?
Well...I mean, that is a good point...but I seem to remember Contraption making more than one prosthetic arm...
[14:58] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Shame on you, [Sxxxxxx].
[14:59] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx: Look, I'm just saying, we should probably give the kidnapper what he wants.
[14:59] Mxxxxxxxxxx Axxx: Cane swords. And more V-tech clothes.
[14:59] Rxxxxxx Cxxxx: magic.
[14:59] mxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: more horror esgue items?
[15:00] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Well, that's bound to happen. It's Contraption. There will be horror and wonder.
Soon after, Basil was restorted to the store, so...we may never know who the botnapper was.


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...