24 June, 2019

I'm cutting my mind off, feels like my heart is going to burst

I may be too paranoid for simple conversation.
[15:56] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lovey hair
"Lovely", I think is what you meant.
[15:56] Emilly Orr: Thank you.
[15:57] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: nice colour
[15:57] Emilly Orr: I tend to gravitate towards reds as a rule. :)
I'd gone MM board hair-hopping. This happened at Olive, which was my second to last stop: today was Little Bones, Olive, and Besom.
[15:57] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: my real life daughter has long red hair
I didn't really know what to say to that. Good for her? Good for you? It was odd.
[15:58] Emilly Orr: Oh, lovely.
[15:58] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she loves to dress up my avi
[15:58] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she is young
[15:59] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: but she is fun
I'm...glad you like her, since...she's your child?
[16:00] Emilly Orr: Dressing up is part of the fun of SL
[16:00] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she likes her blue dresses
[16:02] Emilly Orr: Red hair goes very well with blue.
I'm still mostly just confused. Lady, why are you telling a stranger about your kid's color choices?
[16:03] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she would love to see you she said
What? Now it's getting weird.
[16:03] Emilly Orr smiles.
[16:03] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she is 13
[16:03] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: you?
Lady, have you read my profile? If I was thirteen now, I would have been a year old when I joined SL. That's ridiculous and impossible.
[16:04] Emilly Orr: Oh, definitely not 13. Especially since 13 is not legal to have an account in SL. :)
Because...yeah, I was weirded out, I wanted to make sure this wasn't some bizarre fetish thing to gather in someone to have sex with "her 13-year-old daughter" so she could watch. I've heard similar things.
[16:04] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: no she dosnt
[16:04] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: its my avi
"Doesn't". And, uh...good?
[16:04] Emilly Orr nods
[16:04] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: say hello to her
[16:05] Emilly Orr: I still think it was a bad idea that they killed Teen Grid. There, the lindens kept to international standards and it went from 13 to 17 or 18, I think.
I typed this out before she said the line above it. I was referencing Teen Grid to give her additional info that I was not underage. Then I read up and my brain fell out.
[16:05] Emilly Orr: Hello there!
Because what was I supposed to say? This was so odd.
[16:05] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: you can see how she dressed me
Uh, no, lady, I can't. I'm not there. I came in, hit the Olive MM board, and left. End of story. I'm not there, okay?
[16:05] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yes they should have kept it
[16:05] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: at least she is at home
[16:07] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and safe
[16:09] Emilly Orr: Very true
But I am creeped out, lady, that you're letting your underage daughter watch over your shoulder. I mean, unless your life is 100% PG and you're just a wholly genderless mannequin, that's disturbing, right? I am occasionally uncomfortable when my fully adult partners walk in and watch over my shoulder for a while. I would never let a kid watch my daily virtual life, whether I'm in a sandbox or a bed.
[16:09] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she has a good eye for fashion lol
[16:10] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she has a black dress and blue waist
I'm still trying to figure out how to interpret this. You mean the dress? It's black with a blue belt, or something? Or do you mean her skin is mostly black, with a blue waist tattoo? Wait, she's not in SL, you said, so it has to be a dress...Right?
[16:11] Emilly Orr: That's good. She has an interest in fashion?
[16:11] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: loves it
[16:11] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she is trying on some amazing retro outfits
[16:12] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she has some baby blue heels
Lady, WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME ALL THIS? Find a hobby!
[16:12] Emilly Orr: Oh, nice.
[16:12] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: courts or pumps
What are courts? My initial interpretation of 'courts' as a type of footwear are sneakers or that sort of kitten-heel low pumps that became popular in the seventeenth century, then rose to popularity again in the 1950s. I'm confused again.
[16:12] Emilly Orr: Good retro outfits were hard to find here, but a lot of mesh designers have taken to them of late.
[16:12] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: pale blue dress
[16:13] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she tries some in rl to
Lady, I don't care. Why are you telling me what your child wears?
[16:13] Emilly Orr: Nice
[16:13] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: maybe to short but she is young
[16:14] Emilly Orr: Sure, she'll grow into it
[16:14] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she enjoys wearing it
[16:14] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: with tights
[16:14] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: usually nude or light tan
OH MY GOD, woman, stop telling me about your kid's underthings!
[16:15] Emilly Orr: Makes sense
[16:15] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she said your nice
That's "you're", and how does she know? This is Nervous Polite Me talking.
[16:16] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she has a nice dress to wear if she sees you
[16:21] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: let me know
[16:21] Emilly Orr: Okay.
I'd moved to a sandbox at this point, to take some product shots for an upcoming upload session, and I really thought this would be the end of it.
[16:22] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: are you free now
What? No. In fact, not only no, but hell no. What game are you trying to play here, lady?
[16:25] Emilly Orr: Oh, I was just about to log, I had some product photos to take, and then off for dinner.
[16:25] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i would enjoy her seeing you
I...bet. You are the most disturbing mother I've come across in a long time.
[16:29] Emilly Orr smiles.
95% of the time, when I smile at someone, I'm really smiling. 5% of the time...and this definitely falls into that five percent...I'm smiling because I literally have no idea what to say. This is Basic Girl for "You're making me uneasy and I want this conversation to stop". I know that's confusing, but that's what that five percent smile means.
[16:29] Emilly Orr: Perhaps some other time. Do enjoy the rest of your day! Both of you. :)
And that was it, I thought.

I was wrong.
[16:29] fxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she is wearing something nice for you to see
Gods, no. Stay away from me.

And as that was just too strange for me, since I'd already said I had to leave, I left.

Am I reading too much into this? Do people just strike up conversations into what tights their children are wearing with random strangers? Because if so, I've never met those people, so this just unnerved me.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...