04 June, 2019

what has happened to it all? crazy, some would say

This was not my most shining moment.
[22:26] Kxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hey nice avatar...im new to this game and saved 238 of those linden things from a contest and camping...im trying to get this skin/shape combo for 700...i feel bad for asking but can you please lend me 462 so i can get it?...if not thats fine too...just seems nobody wants to help me out
[22:26] Emilly Orr: Oh, honey, go tell someone who cares.
I know. I know. But seriously, we hear this all the time. And usually it's either "pay my rent" or "buy a skin for me". And no. Just no. Sick of it. SICK of it.
[22:27] Emilly Orr: Get a job, buy Lindens, or find a sugar mama.
[22:27] Emilly Orr: Don't beg. Ever.
He poofed from the event I was at at that point, but I pulled his profile. One day old. One whole day. RL picture for his SL bio page. His total bio at this point?
"Hello Im new to this virtual world and just seeing what its all about. I like extreme sports and my favorite would be surfing. I listen to all kinds of music depending on my mood. Always up for exploring if you know any neat sims to check out let me know.."
So maybe not the bot he sounded like? Though he was wearing something very close to the Philip avatar from 2006, so...I didn't even know avatars that old were still in the library. So that's suspicious on its own, because I'm fairly sure the only way someone new gets that avatar is to get it donated from someone else. Or have your main give your alt that avatar, right?

But yeah, on a better day, I might have been friendlier, and told him about potential employment opportunities and where to look, but I still would have told him not to beg. Because very few people at this point will respond to that. It's nearly always a scam, and one I refuse to fall for.

In other news...



When I rezzed in at Enchantment to check out the new round, this is what I saw. At first I thought she had pastel tattoos that hadn't rezzed in yet; but no, that was just the shading on the skin.



And okay, this is definitely my biases showing, but walking around with a binky? In public? In an adult avatar? Please no.



She did have a cute AO, though.

Her SL bio, by the way? Is complete gibberish. Is anyone surprised?
Ϯ[ƛxxxxxxxx Ƥxxxxxx-ßxxxxxxx Ṩxxxxxx]Ϯ
ϮƤυρρẏ ɠįгℓϮ ϮĻįȶȶℓę/вαвчgιяl TεиdεиcιεѕϮ ϮṨђẏϮ
ϮяǫмąŋȶįcϮ ϮČǫυŋȶгẏ ɠįгℓϮ
ϮNσт ѕнσят jυѕт ƒυи ѕιzεϮ ϮHαиdƒυlϮ ϮBlυитϮ
Ϯƒąмįℓẏ Iѕ ενεяẏтђįиɠϮ
Yeah. Because that's readable.

I mean, look. I try not to kink-shame. As long as the avatar is vaguely proportional, I have nothing against more lush, curvaceous bodies, as long as they look like the body grew that way. Her curves are fine. The piercings and the binky, however, are jarring together. Maybe because one makes me think definitely adult, or at least teen, and the other makes me think of toddlers. The two states do not interact.

Moving on to something equally as baffling:
[22:28] Sxxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: i can not join the group tres chic. Anyone out there who ca help?
[22:28] jxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: o.O
Yeah, that was my reaction. How is she talking in the group she can't join? She's adding two and two and getting nineteen somehow.
[22:28] Sxxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: dang did i call. sorry
Yeah, I only noticed because the 'join the voice call' button popped up, and I declined. Because I always decline.
[22:30] Rxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I can help..lol
[22:32] Rxxxx Mxxxxx: LOL you are in the group. since you can chat and call from it
Yeah. That.
[22:32] Rxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: The answer is.....You MUST be in the group...or you couldn't talk in this group chat Box...So you are already a member...and you cannot join again
Also that.
[22:32] Gxxxxxxxx Pxxx: well you joined tres chic cause you are taling in it
[22:33] Emilly Orr: Also, Tres Chic is showing up in your groups on your profile...
After that, she stopped talking, so I think she figured out she was already in the group. Kind of dim, there.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...