19 November, 2007

baby, someone is crazy, and it's you

Taupo has a new maze. Sim sized. No, I'm not kidding.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's a view from the outside. It doesn't make so much sense until you realize that's an enclosed sky level that encompasses the entire sim. Yeah.

It gets worse...

[1:18] Cossack Dagger: We should probably map this out...
[1:18] Dennis Albion: sure
[1:18] You: Wait, you HAVEN'T??
[1:18] Dennis Albion: you know how i do things
[1:18] Dennis Albion: i throw it up in the air, see where things land
[1:18] Cossack Dagger: Because guess who will have to save the people too dumb to TP out? Me. I'd like a map.


So...now we're here. And agh. No map. No clue. Lots of twisty-windy passages all the same.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's a shot of it with the ceiling off, the best contrast I could use to show the corridor layout. That's not all of it, that's just all of it I was able to get in one shot.

The fellow with the white wings is Cossack Dagger, Rogue Sky Fae and what passes for a keeper of the peace in Taupo. The fellow in the black cloak, of course, is King Dennis Albion. Who built this.

[1:24] You: How big were the prims used for the base and the ceiling?
[1:24] Dennis Albion: its a giant prim 256x256x1


Yes, just for general information? At least on my machine, they do cause a bit of lag. Even with the drag on the processor though, I have to admit, the cool factor? Kind of outweighed that.

I quickly got out of talking range, just walking down one corridor.

[1:25] Dennis Albion: ok IM time
[1:26] Emilly Orr: Man, I feel nine inches tall
[1:26] Emilly Orr: So possibility of secret rooms, plus the sim sized maze, people are going to be running through this, or it's just here until someone comes up with a keen idea?
[1:27] Dennis Albion: how do you mean?
[1:27] Emilly Orr: Well, I know you mentioned rats and spiders and the like
[1:27] Dennis Albion: i mentioned possibility of npc monsters
[1:27] Emilly Orr: So, is it going to be equipped for anyone, or you contemplating renting it out to RP groups, or...?
[1:28] Dennis Albion: i'm open to ideas, right now, i just want to set up a dungeon
[1:28] Dennis Albion: a maze, like classic D&D


The which he's done, and rather efficiently, I might say.

Save for the lack of map thing.

Flying at my top speed--which I grant, is slow at present, at ludicrous speed I can cross three sims in twelve seconds--it takes me twenty seconds to fly across the maze. Note, I will not be able to do this once he puts the ceiling back on.

Couple notes: first, the SLUrl I linked? Will apparently take you to the market below the maze. Oh, well.

Second, that if you reduce your draw distance, lag drops considerably.

[1:51] Dennis Albion: i just got boosted to 32 FPS, i reduced the draw distance to 64
[1:51] You: And......rising.....to....huh
[1:51] You: Looks like around 18
[1:51] You: Whoo
[1:51] Cossack Dagger: lol
[1:51] Cossack Dagger: Ooo...
[1:52] You: Hey, that's zippy for me!
[1:52] You: Normally? I'm not kidding, I get around 8
[1:52] Cossack Dagger: I get around 50.
[1:52] You: Yes, yes, I know, you and my landlord with the dual-core
[1:52] You: I have a Frankenbox, sue me
[1:52] Cossack Dagger: Triple-core.
[1:52] You: Phhhht
[1:52] Cossack Dagger: lol
[1:53] You: I also have a brain chip with a handy crush-your-av function, don't tempt me
[1:53] Cossack Dagger: You do, too?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So yes. Now Taupo has this...thing. Huge. Just HUGE.

And the new Temple of Lloth?

Is right over the maze. Hee.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

[2:12] Emilly Orr: [2:10] Temple of Lloth Door whispers: Lloth Rejects you, begone!
[2:12] Emilly Orr: Guess I've been told. :)


So now, we have a request!

WANTED FOR TAUPO: EFFECTIVE MAPMAKER! Please apply to Dennis Albion directly, who will provide you with a good sturdy knapsack full of Taupoan salted fish, hard cheese, 50 feet of silk rope, and writing implements, and send you on your way.

Try not to starve.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...