17 April, 2007

darling, so there you are, with that look on your face

You know
our love was meant to be
the kind of love that lasts forever.
And I want you here with me from tonight
until the end of time.
You should know
everywhere I go


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The grand ballroom at the castle on Avilion Isle is one of the most amazing spaces on the grid. It's definitely one of the most elegantly appointed ballrooms I've seen, hands down. It's gorgeous start to finish, with a deep reflective floor that seems to go down for miles.

Always on my mind
in my heart
in my soul
baby.
You're the meaning in my life
you're the inspiration.
You bring feeling to my life
you're the inspiration.
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin':
No one needs you more than I need you.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There are side chairs to sit in and nooks to withdraw for quiet communication and scattered liberally throughout the large space are the traditionals--ballroom dancing, waltz sets, tangos, slow dancing.

And I know
yes
I know that it's plain to see:
So in love when we're together.
Now I know that I need you here with me
From tonight until the end of time.
You should know
everywhere I go


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This was one of the songs playing when my neko lad--not so very neko in these images, and this night--and I were swaying across the floor. We needed a quiet space to talk, to gain each others' trust again, to communicate, heart to heart.

I took him here. I wanted to be surrounded in beauty if I was to bare my soul. Sometimes, we get that choice.

Always on my mind
you're in my heart
in my soul.
You're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiration...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Avilion Isle grand ballroom is formal dress only. That means tea-length dresses or longer on ladies, and tuxedos or formal suits on men. They have no qualms on evicting people who do not conform to the dress code.

I think I will have little problem conforming; it gives me a chance to actually wear my ballgowns. They get so little use these days...

Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin':
No one needs you more than I need you.
You're the meaning in my life
you're the inspiration.
You bring feeling to my life
you're the inspiration.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beyond the ballroom, there's an amazing Elven land full of wonders. This statue and others are placed on the land, highly detailed, amazingly so. Everywhere I turned, walking, there was art, there were flowers, there were delicate little walkways and places to sit, and talk, play music, or stroll...it's truly breathtaking.

When you love somebody 'til the end of time
When you love somebody
always on my mind
No one needs you more than I.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After we talked, I needed to find a quiet space on my own, and sit, and think. Behind me in this image is a half-circle of stone-walled, thatched-roof cottages, with little shops. In the center of the half-circle is a fountain, with the most realistic dragon statue I've yet seen. It's for sale, by the way, though you'd nearly need to dedicate a parcel of land just for it.

When you love somebody 'til the end of time...
When you love somebody 'til the end of time...


"I need rescuing, is what you're saying," I asked him.

"You have been rescued," he told me.

Oh. That's good, then. I have been rescued.

Okay. I'll keep that in mind.

(Lyrics are Chicago's "You're My Inspiration")

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...