16 April, 2007

there's something deep inside of me, there's someone else I've got to be

My first full dance shift at Dorian Gray's was last night. Friend of mine was spinning pop and dancetrance, some nice crunchy electronic house, kept the place grooving.

It felt so damned good, being back on a pole again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was Best in Leather night, I discovered, once I went down to the club. I offered to change; the DJ and the head dancer that night said no no no, you're fine. So I hopped up on a pole.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Old habits came back pretty quickly. Greet people who come in, welcome them, be friendly, make conversation...look pretty and spin around.

I can so do this.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Plus? They have a pretty good Sploder. It's almost as good as the old Enigma one, and I made a little over six hundred Linden over two and a half hours.

That was a good feeling. Sure, there's ego in this--people are tipping me because I look pretty--but they're also tipping me because I enhance the club, and not just as girl-shaped ornament. There's a brain underneath the pretty, and you know what? Contrary to popular belief, a lot of guys appreciate that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's also the only club I've ever worked at where they can have major particle effects, and I don't crash. Lag is pretty low. That's the best thing ever, these days.

So overall? Pleased with the new job. It makes me happy.

And there are worse things that being happy at a job you enjoy, believe me.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...