07 January, 2022

and I don't wanna be lonely so show me the way home

I have finally gotten around to buying THING, and have installed it (at least for now) in the only place it makes sense: the cathedral in Tannhäuser Gate.

Illogic of Empire by Rory Torrance

Rory Torrance is the artist behind this, and several other pieces I've bought over the past few months (they're all in Krakenstorm's welcome center, this was...bigger). To make the animated pieces move in the ways he wanted, he's said he had to write the code from scratch. I remain impressed.

He has two studios of his work: the Strangelands main studio, and the smaller Strangelands gallery in Elysium (as well as his work being part of the World Culture Hub, I believe, and I thought Soup's art gallery in Stormhold--though that may be devoted to Zenmondo Wormser's set of exhibits).

[Note from the Editrix: just learned he also has an exhibit at the UASL.]

At any rate, he's worth checking out. Definitely an eye for movement, pattern, and shape, and some strong messages in his work. I'm biased, sure, but I don't think I'm wrong.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...