29 September, 2020

headlight, dark highway, I drive on but it feels all sideways

[21:40] Tentaculus Infestus v2.1: Emilly Orr looks tasty.
Do I?

pine-valley-haunt1

This is Pine Hill Resort, which sounds like a charming little getaway, and instead, is a series of caves and underground passageways. Again, I had to find a Windlight setting that wasn't completely dark.

pine-valley-haunt2

Okay, I admit it, this one got me--it's a very old jumpscare pop-up, but as there hadn't been anything similar at any point to where they popped up--just long, twisty-windy passages that looked the same--it did actually make me jolt.

pine-valley-haunt3

This got me too, but in a far more annoying fashion. So, down side: at random intervals through this haunt, there are ground spawners to spawn enemies. Rabid dogs, mummies, ghosts, zombies, skeletons. Up side: none of them can damage you. Secondary down side: They will push you, and crowd around you, and make it very irritating to try to move.

pine-valley-haunt4

Whaaaaat?

Seriously, this Wendigo-looking thing matches nothing else in the entire build.

Also, he led to a dead end. Why.

pine-valley-haunt5

Great, great, lava and burnt bodies, so happy with that, why is this here...

And walking out into the lava was literally walking out onto the lava, which also was not damage-enabled.

pine-valley-haunt6

And the lava river lead to a dead end. WHY.

pine-valley-haunt7

And then I found the sub ocean again, and that was it, I gave up.

I guess if you like being bumped a lot by zombies, mummies, skeletons and feral dogs that deal no damage, you'd be good here? Or if you just really like walking through endless passageways that either go nowhere or loop back on themselves? If so, then this is TOTALLY your gig, and go have fun.

It wasn't mine, so...two out of five skulls for the ruins in the empty spaces, but deducting three skulls for mostly boring.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...