19 January, 2019

somebody calls you, somebody says swim with the current and float away

The history of French fries is fascinating. To start with, they're not even French.

And like old books? How about 11,000 old books from 1923? They have now all been digitized and can be read for free. You're welcome.

And are you part of Collection #1? Before you sneer at the idea, a quick check of haveibeenpwned revealed I am, so I am now sighing and changing my passwords. You should check, too.



In the meantime, I have found the sub ocean! Which is probably only amusing to me, so I'll explain that.



There's a Canadian internet comedy troupe called Loading Ready Run. They do a lot of things, from skit comedy to news coverage to net streaming of games old and new. Every year I watch their charity livestream, Desert Bus for Hope, which is always amazing. But, there's one show, hosted by Graham Stark and featuring Alex Steacy, called Watch+Play.



And in that series of longform torturing of Alex with really bad games, one of the chief marks of a really bad game is that they built the game either in a visible skybox--and some of them are really, really visible--or on the 'ground level' of that landscape, which means any slight glitch, dip, or fall through the ground level results in Alex suddenly visiting the sub ocean--id est, the water layer below the ground.



In other words, Second Life.



I caught these pictures at DISORDERLY/CURELESS' sim, and it was really just a case of my inability to rez in the surroundings as fast as I ordinarily would. I think my comp's going out.

But it amused me.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...