28 September, 2020

I've been climbing up the walls to escape the sinking feeling

I remember liking the haunt at LeLoo's World last year, so I decided to revisit it as the first haunt of this one. I think I was looking for something that was more atmosphere than jumpscares, because I'm still unsettled from yesterday.

st-martins1

This is a neat touch--you can click any of the little floating things, the wee ghost, the pumpkin, or the skull--and you'll be given a haunted shoulder companion. Neat!

st-martins2

Photo opportunities abound, which is exactly what I found last year for LeLoo's Hallows build. I did change the Windlight settings for brighter photographs, but if you're not interested in photos, just hanging out, or cuddles? The land Windlight works great for that.

st-martins3

I may not be in the best mood, but I can't deny it's pretty--fall leaves crunching underfoot, hooded figures to loom on you on the forest paths, the crack of thunder, the moaning of damned souls--it's peaceful.

st-martins4

There's a really lovely, and very traditional, nod to Dias de los Muertos that I found both charming and heartwarming, and nearly worth the visit all on its own.

st-martins5

There's a nifty little cave to meditate in...if you don't mind some floating skulls looking on.

st-martins6

The cemetary, of course, is traditional; filling the coffin is optional.

All in all, LeLoo's done another marvelous job gently haunting her land, and I will be back. It's so refreshing when we find people who understand it's not the clown with the chainsaw we really want, but the coming storm, the autumn chill, the touch of death on our hearts. And that can be achieved in a variety of ways, from soft to hard to disturbing--without excessive screaming.

In fact, excessive screaming and jumpscares? Generally drain our capacity to feel afraid at all, and what's the point of that?

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...