28 January, 2019

they’ll have to come and take us with the force of ten trains

Interested in creepy nostalgia? Atlas Obscura has you covered. I still occasionally have nightmares about The Girl Who Trod on the Loaf.

And note from a friend for Firefox users--this is a guide to securing privacy on Firefox, due to some recent updates to the browser. (I'm on Chrome, so it wouldn't work for me.)

I went to the Far Away tonight, which I hadn't traveled to for far too long.



There are still a lot of places to pause and take pictures, many with built-in animations, and they still look good.



Of course, I found the train car in the center of the parcel. Because of course I did.



It has one...very...interesting...pose...on the roof.



I still think this is worth a visit, and I think that's why AM Radio, or friends, kept the installation up. Remember, the Far Away was originally just an art piece, but...it still speaks to people. It still speaks to me.



And I'm okay with that. I grew up in very many places beyond the grid, but many of them were farms. I have walked out into wheat fields, when the stalks are green, and when they're dry and yellow. I have seen yellow skies just before heavy rain. I have been on farms with abandoned farm equipment, and windmills, and corrugated steel structures off in the distance. To some part of my soul, this still feels like...home.

I was glad to return. And glad it's still up. And I'm pretty sure...no...I know...I'm not the only one.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...