25 July, 2018

how do you say you're sorry?

Started off simple enough, I thought:
[11:51] miamilu Resident: Hello Ladies New Release Complete outfits 2 New Gifts Summer 49l$ promo limited time only
TAXI
Corsica Island (123,130,2501)
JOIN Le'La Store
MIA♥
So, that was the announcement that started everything. I'm deliberately leaving her name in, because she is the store owner, and because she messaged me after this brief interchange.
[11:55] txxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: that says 99 not 49
[12:00] Emilly Orr: Well, that's false advertising, then.
[12:00] miamilu Resident: Ladies summer sale is at Landing point is a wall where it sais summer sale and there everything is 49 :)
[12:04] Emilly Orr: So what was [Hxxx] seeing then? Maybe walked past the sale wall into the store?
[12:04] miamilu Resident: probably
[12:04] miamilu Resident: and i didnt see you on land either, why you say is false ?
[12:05] Emilly Orr: I was responding to [Hxxx]'s comment. I didn't go, I have exactly one Linden this week, unless something happens.
[12:06] Sxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: 1 linden? might aswell give that away to somebody who needs it.
[12:07] Emilly Orr grins
[12:07] Emilly Orr: Noooo, because sometimes, group gifts are pay 1, get it refunded.
[12:08] Sxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oh yea you are right because i got screwed over last night at the adam and eve sim, it said free but kept my linden.
It's a good point, sometimes the payback scripts don't work, or, they were just charging one Linden for the demo and Miss S didn't read the fine print.

But then Miss Mia IMed me:
[12:03] miamilu Resident: Hi Emilly summer sale is at Landing point is a wall where it sais summer sale and there everything is 49 :), there is no false advertise
All right, to be fair, it was a flippant comment on my part, I hadn't checked out whether Miss H was correct or not. I was simply assuming Miss H had it in the right.
[12:06] Emilly Orr: I understand. I am answering in group chat because I'm trying to make the point. If what I said is wrong, I'm happy to admit it.
[12:06] miamilu Resident: your comment is missleading other buyers also, and unjustified, all i advertised is there
And if she's right, I am misleading potential buyers. It's an important point.
[12:07] miamilu Resident: ai am a serios person
[12:07] Emilly Orr: Right, which is why I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.
[12:08] miamilu Resident: ok but i think , first you should check and see whats false or true before assuming and type in chat what is true or false
[12:09] miamilu Resident: have to go to RL now , have a wonderful time , bye bye
[12:09] Emilly Orr: Thanks, you too!
So, I went to the store and looked around. RIGHT to the left of the main entrance, I mean, so close you'd have to be blind not to see it, is this:



That's her L$49 weekend promo board. Apparently she does this once a week, and it's not at all hidden. So no, it's not false advertising. So why did Miss H say it was?

The grid may never know, as Miss H never replied back.

(Editrix insert: Miss H is her display name, txxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx is the avatar to which I'm referring. Sometimes this does get confusing.)

No comments:

heart full of blues, space and time

While I decide if it's too late to back-date posts that contain the last of the Hair Fair pics, I got hit with this when I was listening...