22 July, 2018

I got a soft spot for your ancient books full of horror stories

Heard tale this morning of some active controversy surrounding the Chapter Four event:
[11:43] Kxxxxxx Sxxxxxx: Ive heard rumours of a Chapter 4 social media ruckus, can anybody point me in the direction to read what has really happened?
[11:50] fxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxx: Not sure [Kxx], maybe [Kxxx] would know. Like her though, TC4 is on my boycott list when they started charging for the event
[11:51] Emilly Orr: Oh, they charge now? I didn't know that.
Tells you how long it's been since I've been to a Chapter Four event, though to be fair, their layout was always too huge, too sprawling, too uncoordinated for me.
[11:51] sxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxx: I've never been charged for anything from the group
[11:51] Kxxxxxx Sxxxxxx: Was several months ago, they charged for the group with which to pick up gifts. People were quite angry as I recall, also the creators.
[11:52] Kxxxxxx Sxxxxxx: Right now its at 10L but Im pretty sure at that time it was a bit more.
[11:52] fxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxx: yep, started in 2017. Emilly you may have already been in the group
Maybe. I hate to say it, but seven months ago is kind of a blur for remembering specific events.
[11:53] sxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxx: the group is 10L but I didn't know about that
[11:54] Kxxxxxx Sxxxxxx: In 2017, geez how times passes, to me it seems just like a couple months ago.
[11:54] sxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxx: only 7
[11:55] fxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxx: ya it was 50L at one point..creators were upset that they were not told was the gist of it. When they put out free gifts for customers..they expect them to be actually free. The 50L was going into event pocket *you get the picture* I imagine I would be pretty upset as well.
So this turned up talking with Ms. [Kxxxxxx] after, and fifteen minutes past that, she found another entry from the same blog that's more recent--but interestingly, only tangentially connected to the Chapter Four. Mostly, that post lambastes the designers behind *ionic*, enough so that based on their responses, I have no interest in acquiring anything from *ionic* ever again, whether it's a gacha item or made by them for an event. I have no interest in visiting them, or supporting them in any way.

But I truly don't think that incident relates to Chapter Four, the event itself. So what is the current drama? I'm still trying to find out.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...