19 July, 2018

twelve o'clock at night, and the moon is full (part one)

While this is not a chat capture from an SL group, due to the nature of the group I'm following my personal ethics and anonymizing user names. Especially as this deals with a section of chat that deals with sensitive topics.
[7:58 PM] Rxxxxxx: Could i like. Interview one of you? Im drinking and want to voice chat with someone here. any takers?
Meet our protagonist, Mr. R, who at this point simply sounds drunk and tactlessly invasive. Here we go.
[7:58 PM] Rxxxxxx: So who here is a vampire?
Well, that's bald enough. Want to follow that up with cutting one of us and rubbing salt in the wound? Seriously, dude.
[7:59 PM] Rxxxxxx: Oh [sh*t]. Did not think that would go through.
[8:00 PM] Cxxxxxxx: Didn't think what would go through?
[8:00 PM] Rxxxxxx: Those msg i sent.
Then...why did he send them? I blame the alcohol, or the general stupid he's radiating.
[8:01 PM] Cxxxxxxx: Why didn't you think they would? Poor reception?
[8:01 PM] Rxxxxxx: Yup
[8:01 PM] Rxxxxxx: My signal is weak where i am until nighttime.
Still seems odd. Like, why even type something if you don't want people to read it...
[8:03 PM] Rxxxxxx: But yeah im really curious. Like with this whole phenomenon.
Um...what? We're a "phenomenon" now? How culturally insensitive, you boorish...I mean, how did he even get in here?
[8:03 PM] Cxxxxxxx: I unfortunately can't do a voice interview currently. My wife is sleeping. We're always happy to answer your questions within reason :slight_smile:
[8:04 PM] Rxxxxxx: Oh of course!
[8:04 PM] Nxxxxxxx: Can't now because I'm at work. No rest for the wicked, I guess. I usually don't do voice, I don't particularly like being recorded but I, too, can answer questions via text
[8:07 PM] Rxxxxxx: I total get that. respect. I do not mind corresponding in text or whatever really.
[8:09 PM] Rxxxxxx: Thank you for your words.
Yet...Mr. R started all this nonsense by asking people to voice with him.
[8:11 PM] Rxxxxxx: My connection will be in and out. So i apologize for any disturbance double msg may cause.
[8:13 PM] Cxxxxxxx: It's understandable :)
[8:13 PM] Axxxx Axxxxx: I don't do interviews personally, but good luck with your ventures :blush:
So, the general reaction seems to be, thanks, but...no.
[8:13 PM] Rxxxxxx: Firstly. I am an [***hole] of the nth degree. But i hate dicks who [f*ck] with people who think differently. I truly feel that you believe that you are what you are. And that's interesting to me.
And yet, he approaches people in this way. "Hey im drunk lets chat". Yeah, no. Not gonna happen. And he's not making it any easier by making us feel like we're specimens to examine.
[8:14 PM] Rxxxxxx: But my main question. Is do any of you like LEGIT. No bs. Real talk. Consume blood into your stomach like food?
[8:15 PM] Rxxxxxx: Also do you treat it like a special treat. Or is it along the lines of "hmmm.... Some blood would taste good right about now"
Seriously? Google real vampirism, you'll learn more from that. Who is this loon?
[8:16 PM] Rxxxxxx: And then ultimately. Whos blood do you eat. Because that [sh*t] be dangerously risky.
Oh, great, he's one of those. There's a huge number of mistaken rumors about drinking blood--my own cousin, when I told her several years ago, immediately searched out several articles and earnestly wanted me to know that drinking human blood would not only give me cancer (false) and parasitically invasive worms (false unless I'm feeding on a known infected person, and then, usually not transmissible just by blood consumption) but would make me a schizophrenic (REALLY false, and seriously, where do people come up with these things??).
[8:17 PM] Rxxxxxx: I get that a lot of it is stereotypes. Myth. Rumors. Really big misunderstandings.
You say that, but you're still asking.
[8:18 PM] dxxx: well, one person's blood they drink is mine
[8:18 PM] Rxxxxxx: But. This shizzle is for SCIENCE. That is crazy [dxxx]
[8:18 PM] dxxx: nah, i just enjoy doing it
[8:18 PM] Rxxxxxx: I bet.
Is it just me? I'm hearing contempt oozing from those two words. Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but especially based on the earlier statements...he's just coming across as a major jerk.
[8:19 PM] Axxxx Axxxxx: [Rxxxxxx] so what is your project about? Where are you publishing it? I'd love to read it when you are finished.
Based on some research I did after this chat tied up (which took all of five minutes, by the way, just by searching the name I've redacted), he's written three books, they're all self-published electronically on Amazon, and they all have "Stupid" in the title. So based on that, I'd say his project is about nothing of interest, he's publishing on Amazon, and no, Ms. A would not like to read it at all.
[8:19 PM] Cxxxxxxx: Cultures have consumed blood for as long as recorded human history. We're all still here :)
[8:19 PM] Rxxxxxx: Like do you feel like charitable? Or is it like ? Its just weird. But like if its true. Then it proves SO MUCH.
"Charitable"? What the hell does that mean in this context? And believe me, we all get by now that Mr. R thinks it's weird and freakish and we're all weird freaks. Thanks for that. And also...what the hell does he think that proves? I don't understand that at all.

Part two when it arrives.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...