27 July, 2012

you cut me open and I

First Hair Fair post for 2012: Argrace, Bliss and Alice Project.
Second Hair Fair post: Alli and Alli, Amacci and Analog Dog.
Third Hair Fair post: Battle Angel and Bliensen + Maitai.
Fourth Hair Fair post: Calico Ingmann Creations, D!va and Curious Kitties.
Fifth Hair Fair post: CheerNo and [COLORS].
Sixth Hair Fair post: Discord Designs (and skinless Em).
Seventh Hair Fair post: Discord Designs, now with skin!
Eighth Hair Fair post: Gauze and Hairoin.
Ninth Hair Fair post: Rosy Mood and [kik].
Tenth Hair Fair post: L+N Signature, Lamb, LaViere and +LALA Moon+.
Eleventh Hair Fair post: Loovus Dzevavor and Lelutka.
Twelfth Hair Fair post: LOGO and Miamai.
Thirteenth Hair Fair post: Dark Side Creations.

So, EMO-tions pulled the same silly stunt that I've mentioned earlier--namely, putting all their demos into individual boxen, which are then put in the main demo box to unpack. I really, really hate that trick, and just clicking on the boxen out of reflex, once rezzed out? Presented me with a Buy option. No, I do not want to buy them, they're demos, I want to unpack them. Sheesh.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is the "Felice" hair from EMO-tions, in Flames. This is a lustrous, rich color, which is a shame, because this is a really pretty style.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Why is it a shame? Because of the alpha issues. From the front, it's good, but from the back and sides, it's terrible texture clash. See the curved line on the right side of the above picture? That's the outline of the back of my skull, and the back of my neck, clearly visible through this style. Unfortunate.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is "Phillis" in Dark Brown, and while this one also has alpha issues, they're not as noticeable.

(from the Hair Fair album)

See what I mean? Why is this one only slightly affected? Is it a texture difference? I really don't know. I do know that I like both styles, but were I to buy only one, I wouldn't buy "Felice" because of the alpha issues.

(from the Hair Fair album)

BRING IT ON, VIEWER. I cannot be dissuaded from getting at least one more Hair Fair entry out tonight! YOU DO NOT OWN ME.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Where were we? Oh, right, we were up to "Susan", seen here from the back in Dark Brown. From the front it's your standard casual bun, wisps of escaping hair at temples and forehead, all gathered up loosely in a tied scarf. The back, though--first, no alpha issues, yay, and second, there's just so much heavy hair weight here. It's glossy, it's lovely, it would fit a ton of different outfits.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Finally, "Wendy", seen here in blonde, which is an upswept high pony with loft. I had unflatteringly dismissed this as beachy Jersey hair until something flickered and a script notice went off that "Wendy" wasn't listening anymore, and to touch it to get it to listen again.

So I did.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And watched in absolute shocked delight as my hands went up to my hair and LET IT DOWN. Oh my gods, that's fabulous. Miss Barzane, you're utterly forgiven any annoyance in unpacking. Just wau.

The demo box came with one more style than is shown here. You can find them in Water.

(What I'm wearing: The "Amnesia" set of ornate silks from Bare@Rose (that's a link to the search engine for them, but it has both a pic and a link to a SLUrl to get you there), Photoelectric eyes in Browne from Coca and Wolf, DV8's "Danse Macabre" ballet boots in Chablis [sadly no longer available], and cStar Limited's "Miss Leo 2012" gacha skin in Violet. [Note: there's a round of 26 skins in all on the roof of the store, they're currently L$14 each, but that's going to go up by L$1 each day until the promotion is over. The Violet is apparently the rare.]

(And the Windlight setting is "Bree's appleblossom".)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...