20 July, 2012

there is a moment in time when all the cards that you've played divide

First Hair Fair post for 2012: Argrace, Bliss and Alice Project.
Second Hair Fair post: Alli and Alli, Amacci and Analog Dog.

We continue!

(from the Hair Fair album)

Battle Angel included five styles in their demo pack for Hair Fair; this was the only one that didn't have major alpha issues that made them--at least for me--unwearable; unfortunately, it has major clipping issues, as you can plainly see in the above shot. This is "Vivian", in White/Blonde. Cue aggrieved sigh.

Battle Angel can be found on Flower at the Hair Fair.

(from the Hair Fair album; Bliensen + Maitai's "Curl Up" style in Night)

This is "Curl Up" in Night from Bliensen + Maitai; it's a sleek, glossy bob that's also 100% mesh. It's unrigged, but unfortunately, the demos are no mod, so outside of the notecard saying their full versions are modifiable, I can't show off the hair other than straight out of the box.

(from the Hair Fair album; Bliensen + Maitai's "Curl Up" style in Wine Multi)

This is interesting, though--each color comes with an alternate multi-color curl option. I can't see this being a great look in all their color tones, but for a few this would really stand out.

(from the Hair Fair album; Bliensen + Maitai's "Forbidden Fruit" style in Carrot)

Unfortunately, none of the hair adornments (seen in "Forbidden Fruit", here, and in the below images) can be tinted to other metals or tones; at least not on the demo. But this is something that manages to be a fun and elegant bob because of the ornament addition; that's really hard to pull off, and Bliensen + Maitai does it brilliantly. This style is shown in Carrot.

(from the Hair Fair album; Bliensen + Maitai's "Habanera" style in Magpie)

Remember, the demos can't be edited in any way, so the clipping is the demo straight out of the box. But with a little adjustment, maybe a little resizing (currently, for this run, my head slider's set at 50), I can easily see this with a black lace mantilla attached to the back of the hair. Lovely, intricate style. Well done.

(from the Hair Fair album; Bliensen + Maitai's "Immaculada" style in Walnut)

And the last one, another simple bun with two floral metal hair pins (this isn't a great shot to see the second hair comb, but I liked the pose and kept it). All four of these styles rez in quickly, very little texture fuzzing, and outside of some clipping issues here and there, they're beautiful out of the box.

Bliensen + Maitai can be found on Sand at the Hair Fair.

Then, when I came back from checking my head size slider...

(from the bizarre album, because this certainly qualifies as bizarre)

What new fresh hell is this, then? It's my face...all over. In more than six years on SL, this is a new glitch for me.

(from the bizarre album; what the hell?)

Does this qualify as a nude shot? Because it's not like anyone can see anything. What's most perplexing is that this patterning replaced the clothes I was wearing.

And as much as I think Ruina Kessel did a fab job on the faces for her Cabal line, I really don't need my lips stretched over my thighs, thanks.

I'm going to take this as my cue to stop blogging for now. Hopefully when I come back, I'll have clothes on--or at least have normally textured skin!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...