24 July, 2012

in desperation dreams, any soul can set you free

First Hair Fair post for 2012: Argrace, Bliss and Alice Project.
Second Hair Fair post: Alli and Alli, Amacci and Analog Dog.
Third Hair Fair post: Battle Angel and Bliensen + Maitai.
Fourth Hair Fair post: Calico Ingmann Creations, D!va and Curious Kitties.
Fifth Hair Fair post: CheerNo and [COLORS].
Sixth Hair Fair post: Discord Designs (and skinless Em).
Seventh Hair Fair post: Discord Designs, now with skin!
Eighth Hair Fair post: Gauze and Hairoin.

(from the Hair Fair album)

Rosy Mood's "Sweetbuns" style WILL be mine. It's shown in Custard, it's a fun EGL bob, and oh yes, I am tracking this one down.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is another tempting smooth bob, "Satsuma", shown here in black. It cuts in rather deeply on the right side part, but I'm hoping that the actual hair is modifiable, so I can tweak the part just a little bit. Either way, though, it's cute, it's clean, and I think I want this one too. (Brief update; before picking this entry up again, I did go down to Garden and pick these two styles up. Each pack of five colors [I chose the Darks set] set me back L$180. For five colors? That's great!)

Two other styles were included but are not shown. You can find them at the Hair Fair in Garden.

(from the bizarre album)

Several hours later...I returned to the grid and changed to the outfit described below. Tracked down all the SLUrls and got everything correctly linked, and then watched most of my upper-body textures fall off in patches.

BUT I AM UNDAUNTED. Or, well, only slightly daunted.

(from the bizarre album)

Actually, overall I'm more puzzled. Is it something grabbing one of the alpha textures I'm wearing and applying it to the skin and upper-body clothing layers? But why? I don't get why this is happening.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is [kik] hair in "grey3", named "Brigitte II". It's mesh, but it's simply done, looks realistic, and I love the shade. (Oh, and a friend mentioned I should try taking off the corset alpha layer, see if that fixed the display problem. I did; it worked; and I left the alpha layer off because it didn't interfere with the corset's wearability. Coincidentally, this made me run out and get this dress in one more color.)

(from the Hair Fair album)


This is "Gisele 1" in a shade called "black3". Simple, slightly messy updo, well made, but it won't cause that many wows on its own, right? Not saying it's not pretty; it is, and I love the flexi wisp draping on both sides of the face.

(from the Hair Fair album)

No, what really ended up capturing me was the back. Those are two prim bobby pins holding the hair up. Sometimes it's the littlest details that push something past just 'good', into 'really impressive'. For me, those two bobby pins did it.

There were eight other styles included in the demo box, mostly variations on four styles; they're not covered, just "Brigitte II" and "Gisele 1". You can find the booth for [kik] in Flower.

(What I'm wearing: On a Lark, for 25LT this week, put out a set of partial mesh corset dresses for L$25 each. This is the Black variation, wearing the size Small mesh corset; it's worn with My Ugly Dorothy's 'Skin of the Sunday03' (L$150 on the back wall of the store) with Mock Cosmetics' "Lucir Lipcolor Rubyfruit" in 'Lip1', which changes the bright glossy blue lips to the most perfect tone of cerise. The belted sandals are included with the Corseted Black dress, and JE*Republic made the "Glitter Real Eyes" in Moment. Windlight settings are "*Starley* Settings 2".)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...