19 December, 2022

as I walk out the door singing "next team, next team"

Eight days since the last entry, ye gods. This is a facet of my "I will do the thing, I will I will, just...later" mentality right now. Well, it's now LATER, Em, so DO THE THING!

The Nix Solis winter staff, a collaboration between Vae Victis and Arkivet.

Which plonks me full in the 4th Christmas Wonderland event hosted by Rani Rosenhauch, carrying around a heckin' huge staff.

The Nix Solis winter staff, a collaboration between Vae Victis and Arkivet.

This is the Nix Solis staff, which is a collaboration between Arkivet and /Vae Victis\, designed for the Winter's Hollow event (now open).

The Nix Solis winter staff, a collaboration between Vae Victis and Arkivet: close up of detail work.

Gotta show off the detailing, because that's the best part of any creation from these two--and yes, the inner part of the snowflake finial (is it finial in staves? The top bit, I mean) does move.

It has an animation hud with five poses, and a tinting hud with--HOLY CARP--

Okay, wait, brane can do this. Brane can do thing. Hold on.

The Nix Solis winter staff, a collaboration between Vae Victis and Arkivet: close up of tinting hud in use.

All right. Not the most complementary colors--and that is not a knock for Grim or Mesmer, the designers; if anything, that's a knock for my current level of fractured concentration--but I tried to give some idea of tinting possibilities.

The Nix Solis winter staff, a collaboration between Vae Victis and Arkivet: tinted all in shades of iciest blue.

And this is it with everything in icy frosted tones.

It took a bit, but I found their booth at the event. Where this will set you back L$450, but keep in mind that's with a fully customizeable tinting hud with an embarrassment of color options, and its own pose hud to boot!

It's so pretty...

If you like to dress for the winter season, if you, say, have a folder of ice-colored skins to wear during the course of December...you need this staff. If you like finely-crafted, detailed accessories, you need this staff. If you haven't yet found the perfect gift for the holiday-obsessed someone in your life, the vendor has a gift option...

...either way, you probably need this staff. Enjoy!

(I never have any idea what I'm wearing in terms of details, but I'm going to start trying, so, in some rough order:

Winter coat: from siss boom, their "Nanook"
Hair: ADE's "Aura" in Large
Eyeshadow: M.O.C.K. Cosmetics' "[mock] Glitter Pop eShadow [Synjari Tierra]" [and I tried every SLUrl in her profile, none of them lead to her, so Mocksoup Graves may be gone for good]
Lips: Jade lips in Purple [which has now become Oceane Body Designs, so--I guess look for it there?]
Body is from Maitreya
Shape is still heavily tweaked from a freebie shape picked up in 2008 from AWESOME DESIGNS [she's now apparently just on Marketplace] (also, I no longer remember the name of the shape, but the description still slays me: "Exotic DD Cup Gorgeous and So intelligent!"<]
Eyes are from Inkheart [now only on Marketplace], his "Hades" line in "Toxic Green"
Skin is from SEVEN's "Noellia" line in Apricot [no longer available, it was an Advent gift several years back, it just became my default]
And I'm wearing FOXCITY's facelight designed for photography.)


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...