14 October, 2022

can you tell me, oh can you tell me, how the story ends?

So, I had other plans for today (namely, not sleeping in for three hours, covering more haunts, covering other 'official' blog things), but I was reminded the "Inquisition" Bannered horns from /Vae Victis\ are for sale today at Hallows Manor!

The 'Inquisition' Bannered Horns from Vae Victis.

So, let's do that.

Because let's be honest, with the current two-week-long headache, I'm not doing a hell of a lot else.

However, this also put me taking pictures at Hallows Manor, in a handy stand of autumnnal trees, with a creepily whispering rock at my feet that reminded me I really need to pick up LOVE'S Traitors' Woods pack before the spooky season ends...

I'm getting distracted. I'm starting out with the horns in white, to match my current hair, with the bright scarlet banners, in tatters (there are two sections marked 'drapes' in the HUD, I'll show that at the end, so you can choose one of the colors for the hanging banners, then additionally make them intact, or tattered.

The 'Inquisition' Bannered Horns from Vae Victis.

Because we had a conversation on the Vae Victis Discord about candygore, I'm now drawn to seeing just how much pastelerie I can apply. Turns out, there's a decent white, a pale grey, a new-blush rose, and a pale powder blue for the lighter options. Here, I'm showing it in the pale rose, with rose banners, untattered.

The 'Inquisition' Bannered Horns from Vae Victis.

Switched to the bright scarlet next, and matched the (tattered) banners with the same tone.

The 'Inquisition' Bannered Horns from Vae Victis.

It doesn't show up that well, but there's a red-veined black horn option, and I'm showing it with the bright gold in plain banners.

The 'Inquisition' Bannered Horns from Vae Victis.

And a close-up to show off the details on said banners. I know, there are people with far more photographic skill than me, but if I'm blogging about something, unless it's an entire avatar, I am not the focus of the shot. So yes, I cut off the top of my face to bring the shot in with as much detail as possible, deliberately.

And just look at that detail. I'm amazed. You could have done the same thing, and have it look good, just plain without embroidered fabric, but that is not how Grim works. And I'm so grateful for it.

The 'Inquisition' Bannered Horns from Vae Victis.

Finally, the HUD, and this is one of the most straightforward HUDs I've seen from this product line. But as simple as it is--horn color, drapes color plain, and drapes color tattered--there's even more variation. This one, in fact, has nineteen color variations! Phenomenal.

And you can get the horns at the event for L$450! Go and see!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...