28 June, 2022

crash and burn, all the stars explode tonight (part I)

Hey, everyone, Hair Fair is now open! And I am so behind because I forgot I wasn't in the group! Aaaaagh. So here's the first entry (of many) where I'm playing catch-up.

This will be in no order. I thought about going sim by sim and covering them alphabetically, and then I realized life is not long enough and my patience level is also not long enough so we're here now, let's go.

Vanity Hair '25'

This is Vanity Hair's style, "25". Very memorable name there. I'm wearing in in size "C" (because size "L" did not come with an included hairbase?!), and in the 24th shade from the "Music Lovers" color HUD.

Vanity Hair '26'

This is style "26", wearing in size "C" again, and in the 17th shade from the "Happy" color HUD. I'm seeing braids (and dreads) are going to be big again this year, and that's great, because I love braided hair. Both of these styles aren't exactly ones I'd choose, for me, but it looks amazing in the model shots.

Vanity Hair can be found on the Streaks sim.

EMO-tions 'Nessa'

Next up: EMO-tions, with "Nessa", which I'm showing in the fourth tone from their color HUD. It looks a little weird when it bends, like it's a planar thing folding, over, y'know, actual *hair* bunching up, but apart from that, it's pretty.

EMO-tions 'Sami'

This is "Sami", which I'm showing in the eight tone from their color HUD, and I left the headwrap rainbow. (No indications on whether the headwrap can be turned off.)

EMO-tions 'Vaha'

And this is "Vaha", and it took me a bit to realize this was a pony. I like it. There also seem to be tinting options and script deletion options on the color HUD.

You can find EMO-tions on the Brunette sim.

Next up, TARDFISH, and both of their offerings are animesh hair add-ons? So I'm showing them off with Olive Hair's "Aurora" style.

TARDFISH hair 'Twitch' animesh add-on

"Twitch" just seems to be a little bouncing cowlick. While it is animesh, it's unrigged, so it can be adjusted in place.

TARDFISH hair 'Medusa Friends' animesh add-on

"Medusa Friends" is the other one (neither came with a color HUD), and...honestly, I'd like it if the smiles on the snek heads weren't so goofy? But this is TARDFISH, goofy is sometimes the point.

You can find TARDFISH on the Noirette sim.

Part II coming soon!

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...