16 March, 2019

I still don't know what this all means to me

This is not an outfit. It's a shamrock tattoo with a tartan belt.

In the meantime, a very strange chat capture:
[21:54] Ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: danger [jxxxxxx] fake , racker is conta
"Conta" apparently means "account"?
[21:56] Sxxx Nxxxxxx: The robin flies at dawn
Yeah, because that didn't make very much sense.
[21:57] gxxxxx Rxxxxxxx): muak te amo
Which is "I love you", which makes even less sense. Then this:
[22:05] Ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: to a player who hits the women in second life, his name rl and [lxxx bxxxx], city reef, federal retired, he has several bills, he takes advantage of the gambling women, after he does not have what it takes to get him some, watch out for his lindens, scripts, all he can get, some of his avatars: [mxxxxxxx], [dxxxxxxx], [qxxxxxx], [xxxx], [xxxxxxxxxxxxx], [xxxxxxxxxxx], [dxxxxxx], [dxxxxxxxxxxxx] [ixxxxx]. [ixxxxxxxx], [mxxxxxxxx] among others careful with this racker
[22:06] Emilly Orr: I guess...thank you for the warning, but....why here? Why not in some of the gambling groups?
She didn't say anything else, so I started looking up some of the names. "[jxxxxx]" is six years on the grid, no picture, no SL bio, no picks, no FL bio. What I tend to call a blank profile or alt account. There is no "[mxxxxxxx]" but there is a "[mxxxxxxxxxx]", which, again, is 3 years on the grid, no picture, no SL bio, no picks, no FL bio. No "[dxxxxxxx]" was found, so can't get any info there. There's no "[qxxxxxx]" but there is a "[qxxxxxxxx]", which again--nearly two years old, no no picture, no SL bio, no picks, no FL bio.

I am beginning to see a pattern.

Let's run down the rest. So "[xxxx]", same thing, 7 years old, no picture, no SL bio, no picks, no FL bio; "[xxxxxxxxxxxxx]" didn't exist; "[xxxxxxxxxxx]" didn't exist; "[dxxxxxx]" didn't exist; "[dxxxxxxxxxxxx]" didn't exist; "[ixxxxx]" didn't exist; "[ixxxxxxxx]" didn't exist, but "[ixxxxxxxxxxxxx]" did (9 months old, no other info), along with "[ixxxxxxxxxxx]", who's four years old and nada elsewise; and "[mxxxxxxxx]" is 2 months old and has no other info.

Okay, so buncha alts, that I get. Why do we care? The group this is being posted in is a pastoral photographic sim.
[22:17] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: [Ixxxxxx] can you im me a list of those names please
[22:21] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: mmmm weird
[22:21] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: the owner or a mod on?
[22:25] Emilly Orr: [Kxxxx], most of them don't exist, at least under search.

So I pulled Ms. [Ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]'s profile next. This is her SL bio:
Sou muito legal, mas não me faça sentir ameaçada ou reprimida, pressionada, viro uma fera.
Which means "I'm very cool, but do not make me feel threatened or repressed, pressed, I become a beast."

My two thoughts are: this guy and all his alts are legitimately sleazy and running a Linden scam on the impressionable, or, Ms. [Ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] used to date this guy, or one of his alts, was spurned for some reason, and wants to tear him down. Calling someone a scammer is a pretty easy way to get people to suspect a random man.

My only question left is, what's a "racker"?

I'm not going to go through the groups all the alts are in, I really don't care that much, but seriously, if you're going to warn people about a scammer, these are the steps to go through:
  1. Report the name to the Lindens using the "Report Abuse" menu item under "Help" in most browsers. Include any relevant chat for verification.
  2. Put together a case for why you believe X is doing bad things. Present it calmly. You are trying to warn people, not cause hysteria or disbelief. Keep your complaints simple and clear.
  3. POST IT IN THE RIGHT GODDAMN GROUP.
Okay? Okay. Moving on.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...