20 March, 2019

must we starve on crumbs from long ago through bars these men made steel

Random profile reading brought me this:
"A diva, a goddess, an insomniac and a nymphomaniac. A lovable person and an occasional bitch. These are who I am. I will not judge you for your lifestyle choices. I respect your choices, I ask the same of you. If you can not show mutual respect and be a"
And I had to check this. I mean, first, sure, someone who describes themselves as a diva, a goddess, an insomniac and a nymphomaniac, I think it's a fairly safe bet they're an egotistical, overly-emotional drama magnet.

But it was how this cut off.

So I checked it out in my own profile. Copied what was there into a notecard, copied the text above into the box, and yeah, there's no more room for characters after those sentences. But it's kind of like Twitter--if it's too long for your FL bio, put it in your SL bio. Then revise what you've said in the FL bio.

I always thought the character count for the FL bio section was 250 characters, but the above comes out to 253, which seems odd. Why not 250 or 255? Why 253?

Anyway, I found it odd.

In other news, a couple new charities on the sidebar, both relating to the devastation of Cyclone Idai. As with all the others, give if you can, every bit will help.

Humanity and Inclusion (that's the main link, the sidebar logo is specifically for the Mozambique campaign) is a charity that largely concentrates on child education throughout Africa, but the sidebar link will tell you about their rescue efforts for victims of the cyclone. And JAM International operates throughout Africa with social, economic and educational support, but are also trying to support victims of the cyclone.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...