18 November, 2018

pantry shelves slanting sideways, whistle blows, no buyer

So, it's been something of a morning. A friend wanted to go do something fun, so we went to a blues club we both like. We turned up in a meadow with a wooden stage. I thought I was in the wrong place at first.
[11:43] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: [cxxxxxxx] hello
[11:43] Cxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: Heylo! :)
[11:44] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Hi There [Txxx] welcome
Owner of the place.
[11:44] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hello emilly
[11:44] Cxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx waits for teh rezzinks
Then the club owner started to sing...gospel tunes. Now listen. I don't mind gospel as music. I mind landing in the middle of a revival church meeting when I'm expecting a dance club.
[11:44] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: When darkness tries to roll over my bones
When sorrow comes to steal the joy I own
When brokenness and pain is all I know
Oh, I won't be shaken, no, I won't be shaken
[11:44] Txxxxx Txxxx: hiya [Bxxx]
[11:44] kxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ϟ♪ϟ♪ϟ♪ ĄѾЄﻜОМЄ ƬՄՌЄ❢ ϟ♪ϟ♪ϟ♪
Oh, brother. I cannot stand people who think characters from alternate alphabets makes their names or their words more interesting.
[11:44] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Hi Emilly! welcome to Gospel in th4e meadow
Is that what this is?
[11:44] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: 'Cause my fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love!
I'm...happy for you?
[11:44] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Welcome [Axxx]!!
[11:44] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hello [axxx]
[11:44] Emilly Orr: Oh, good, I thought I was in the wrong place for a moment--I remember [the club] having an actual building.
[11:44] Txxxxx Txxxx: hiya [ixx] hiya [Jxxxx]
[11:45] Txxxxx Txxxx: hiya [Txxxx]
[11:45] Txxxxx Txxxx: hiya [Zxx]
[11:45] axxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hi [bxxx]
[11:45] Txxxxx Txxxx: hiya [Sxxx]
[11:45] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Oh, shame no longer has a place to hide
And I am not a captive to the lies
Oh, I'm not afraid to leave my past behind
Oh, I won't be shaken, no, I won't be shaken!
This is so not my scene, but I suspect take this crowd, and dump them in the middle of a heathen ritual praising the Aesir, and there'd be as many problems with dissonance.
[11:45] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yes, on sunday normally here in the meadow
Got it. Avoid this place until the evening, check.
[11:45] Txxxxx Txxxx: hiya Emily
[11:45] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love!
I guess it would give one confidence, but...doesn't this go directly against the Biblical injunction against proselytizing?
[11:45] Txxxxx Txxxx: hiya [Cxxxxxxx]
[11:46] Txxxxx Txxxx: hey [Axxx]
[11:46] Txxxxx Txxxx: hiya [Bxxx]
[11:46] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: And there's power that can break off every chain
And there she goes again.
[11:46] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx:There's power that can empty out a grave
There's resurrection power that can save
There's power in Your name, there's power in Your name
There's power that can break off every chain
There's power that can empty out a grave
There's resurrection power that can save
There's power in Your name, power in Your name!
Yes, it's called necromancy.
[11:46] Boni Dexler (blynn5): hi [Txxx]
[11:46] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love! 
Truly, I'm not bashing religion as a concept--I'm religious, so I get it. It's just...damn. Singing the lyrics in chat. I mean...really? Is that necessary?
[11:47] kxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I first heard this song here, when i hear it on the radio, i think of the meadow
[11:47] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: isnt this wonderful ?? that we have this place and this time!!!
For those who want and expect it, sure. For those who were just looking for some good blues...no, I am not in agreement.
[11:48] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: == standing on the Rock!!!!
I bet you are.
[11:48] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: My firm foundation!!!
It's apparently a thing. 
[11:50] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: You called me out of darkness
And You silence every lie
And no other voice will define me
'Cause I belong to You, I belong to You
[11:50] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: By Your blood I've been adopted
And I've taken on Your name
And I need to be reminded
That I belong to You, I belong to You
I am so ready to leave.
[11:50] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: And the enemy can't
Take what I have

Or change who I am
I belong to You
No, the enemy can't
Take what I have
Or change who I am
I belong to You
Yes, I belong to You
That's when my friend decided her brain had had enough of the revival, and dragged me off to a Celtic bar.
[11:51] Emilly Orr: Ah, apologies, gentle folk, I'm being dragged off!
[11:51] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Hugs a nd be safe
[11:51] Emilly Orr: Blessings of the day!
[11:51] bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: thank you for coming
I was happy to leave. Honestly, if she'd dragged me into a lava pit and chained me to something, I would still have been happy to leave.

But, while we were standing, waiting for the bar to rez, someone bumped into both of us, then turned around, and bumped into me again.
[11:52] Cxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: 'Scuze you
[11:52] Emilly Orr: You're very keen on running into people, [Jxxx].
[11:52] jxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yes
"Yes"? That's your answer? "YES"??!
[11:53] Emilly Orr: So...it's sort of your joy, then?
[11:54] Emilly Orr moves to a stool, which will be harder to be bumped off of.
[11:55] Cxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: Apparently only likes running into women though
It was true--we both sat down, and he stopped moving.
[11:55] Emilly Orr: True, he hasn't moved since we both sat down.
[11:55] jxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: what do u want to do?
[11:55] Emilly Orr: "You", and what do you mean?
Yes, I was feeling snarky at this point.
[11:56] jxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx chuckles under breath
[11:57] Cxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: Oh yes, I'm very interested in what [Jxxx] wants to do.
[11:57] Emilly Orr pulls the profile, and sighs.
One day old. ONE DAY OLD. Great.
[11:57] Emilly Orr: All right, I do apologize for assuming you're an adult. Okay, welcome to SL, and rules for your first day--bumping into people without an apology is generally considered rude.
[11:58] Emilly Orr: Sometimes it is unavoidable--you hit a busy sim, you rez before anyone else does, you don't honestly know besides the little sound cue that you have bumped into people.
[11:59] Mxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i'm new here too.
[11:59] Emilly Orr: Which is why the apology works.
[11:59] Emilly Orr: Welcome, then, [Mxx].
[11:59] Mxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: thanks for telling that
[11:59] Emilly Orr: Of course.
She was also one day old. The hell.
[12:00] Emilly Orr: Saying "yes" when someone remarks that you bumped into them--twice--makes it sound like you did it deliberately. That makes sense, right, [Jxxx]?
Then Mr. J tried to get me to answer a voice call. Dark gods, why? And in trying to close it, I accidentally hit one of my favorites landmarks, and poofed off. While I was gone, he moved close to my friend, and asked if she wanted to be his girlfriend. Cue eye-rolling from both of us.
[12:04] Emilly Orr: OKAY, second tip, John--it's considered rude as well to just randomly call people.
[12:04] Emilly Orr: I was trying to close that option, and accidentally hit another landmark on my favorites bar.
[12:04] Emilly Orr: Thanks for taking my seat, too.
One of the bar's bouncers at that point asked if I was being harassed, and I said I wasn't sure, but he had sent my friend an invite to be his girlfriend. I don't know if he was given a talking-to, but he poofed at that point.
[12:05] Cxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: Awww, he ran away
[12:06] Emilly Orr: That's maybe a good thing? Normally, I like it here, though I admit, I don't pass by often.
[12:06] Cxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: Bummer. "Bait the fake Newb" is one of my favorite games. ;)
[12:06] Emilly Orr grins
[12:06] Emilly Orr: Well, he could be a genuine newbie.
[12:07] Emilly Orr: And this place is still listed in Destinations, so I assume it's a big draw for randoms.
[12:07] Cxxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: Doubt it. He was too well dressed. ;)
[12:07] Emilly Orr: I don't know, starter avatars have upped their game recently.
Things evened out after that--apparently my friend used to work at this particular bar, and the conversation was merry past that point. But what an uneven start to things.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...