15 November, 2018

prayer is the bell jar you put over this goodbye

Hoo boy, this one's going to be..."fun".
[11:54] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: That event ended at midnight and the guy returned all my stuff at 6 am
[11:54] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: like... wtf... no time to go put it away in an orderly way
So, to explain that a bit, this is one of the designers from the Infinity event. The only reason I knew it existed at all is because she told me. What shows up in SL search when I type in the name is the event's group; no other way to port there, to look it over, no land, nothing. Pulling Asilva Resident's profile only lists the event in picks, the SL bio on his profile just mentions how to apply to be in the event, again.

And none of the fashion blogs--Fabfree, Second Life Fashion Addict, Nessmarket, SeraphimSL, Fashionista in SL, Classy, Trashy n' Free, Knight Fashion, SL Fashion News, iHeartSL, SL Freebie Addiction, SL Fashion Feed, IT Girls, any of them--that I peruse mentioned it in any way. Yet Asilva Resident, the group owner, told all the designers he advertised "extensively". Really? Where?
[11:55] Emilly Orr blinks
[11:55] Emilly Orr: Wow, he is such a jerk
[11:55] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and people are bitching in group notices since there is no way to talk in group
[11:55] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: apparently everyone is angry and calling it a scam
That's interesting, though I would have said, before hearing what comes next, that it was just a badly managed start to an event. Everyone's entitled to one flaming mess and then they get better, right? Save for...
[11:55] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yeah look what ppl sent out
[11:55] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx:
scam
Thu, Nov 15 2018 7:01:38 AM PST

this event is a scam. even if I think that my message is useless and that people who are intelligent have seen it for themselves. the only way the event organizer uses to bring "guests" is "happy hour 1 ls" people come and go. the people who come are only for clothes free to 1 linden they do not care about our items or our booth.
I ask since the beginning of the event (two weeks) a link just a blog link or to see what we propose to the event.
I am still waiting for the link of the blogger for whom we have
[11:56] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx:
kindly made boxes. How successful are you at seeing a blog? me no . You find yourself thrown out of the group when you have the honesty to tell the owner that he does not advertise and that he does not deal with the customers. the longest conversation and the only help I received from this event and the day I paid for my stand. look in the research with the third of what we all pay he was not even able to pay for the place to be displayed in the search! and the traffic is just over what my store did a few
[11:56] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: he sent this at 3:38 am SLT
[11:56] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx:
Hello, the Event ends today.
rental available, I'll return things at 6 AM second life
[11:56] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: like w
[11:56] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: t
[11:56] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: f
[11:56] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: 2 hrs 22 minutes
[11:56] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i was getting ready for school at 6:38 am
[11:57] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and just got back from class and a meeting
[11:57] Emilly Orr: Huh. I don't have a lot of information, but I can start from there. Who sent that?
[11:57] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO upset
[11:57] Emilly Orr: I can imagine!
[11:57] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: The first set was from a designer
[11:57] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: the 2nd part was from the Owner of the Event
[11:57] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Asilva
[11:57] Emilly Orr nods
This does sound pretty chaotic, and again, badly-managed start to finish.
[11:59] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: then he sent this out
[11:59] Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx:
I come through this apology!
A designer came the notice group complain about the event, about her clothes on the blog, all the shopkeepers are announced by the blogs, there is a person who separates and distributes so that everyone can have their items disclosed!
How to support whenever they look for me with doubts if I'm not online, I'll respond as soon as I get back!
We all have the right not to be satisfied with something or a purchased product, we have the right to complain, but in a direct way, that it does not involve other people who have nothing to see!
Once again I apologize to you, I am here to receive criticism, because they are always constructive, any problem look for me that I will try as soon as possible to solve!
Thank you
Asilva
[11:59]Bxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i think i am the "there is a person who separates and distributes so that everyone can have their items disclosed" maybe? bc i only gave my items to the bloggers?
Maybe, but it sounds like a lot of the designers are upset with Asilva's treatment of them.

So, not entirely sure about this, but based on what I saw going to the event, what I didn't see in terms of advertising for this event, anywhere--and I did tip Ms. B about SeraphimSL, she contacted them, and they said they are happy to list anything with notice, but they never heard one word from Asilva about his event--I'd say if it's not actively a scam, it still may be an event to avoid, at least initially. Because again, if it's not actively just seeking Lindens with no concern for up-and-coming designers, then at best Asilva has no idea how to run an event, nor who to advertise with to get the word out. And these are lessons he desperately needs to learn, especially if he plans to do this again.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...