12 May, 2021

eyes wide, no time for sleep, my mind's a flood tide

Something from the last night of Fantasy Faire...
[22:12] Pookie Wolfsong (helixer): For years I have come to the faire danced on the Fairechylde. Visited each world sim and met wonderful people. To the Pawlice I have a special place in my heart for them. My fellow Waffle loving beings.
The Fairelands mean so much to me. Not just for the party, shopping or hunts. The cause is what called to me. Being to my first faire I found something more a place of caring. A place to renew ones soul. For the message that you are not alone means so much to those who battle cancer. As well as those who care for and support the fighters. For the last thirty plus years I have caregivien those who battle. I shared the fairelands to any who wanted to see the magical lands you created. The effect is amazing the renew of hope in people's eyes is a magic that can not be described..
Thank you Fairelands. You do so much more than you know. This last year has been hard for all of us. We have come together. My dear fairelanders thank you for not losing the dream
Yes.

Also:
[10:12] Mel (meliai.atheria): Okay, so if you want to pick up some free photos my little gallery is here. Refugio (106,137,69) All tips to me after recouping some of the upload costs will go right to ACS and there's a kiosk in the store to if you want to donate directly. All photos of the Faire are free for the next month until they rotate out for another featured sim
That is incredibly sweet of her, and she got some really nice photos of the various Fantasy Faire sims. Go see.

And I'd toss in this blog entry just to tie things up on the Faire commentary. Lovely description of the reason for the candles.

And, sort of but not really pursuant to that...wrote something for the first time since 2020 started, so...maybe it's appropriate, the last night of Faire.

ashen1

grey ash and incense

her skin tastes of soft grey ash and
temple incense. before, in the times before
the now, her now that is rich in
love, and care, and joy, she might have
written her story with
a backdrop of death
would have tilted it towards
crematoriums and funerals. she
would have envisioned
mourners and grieving widows, kneeling
at her feet, in supplication
and terror, but
these days are softer still

ashen2

these days unwrap the barbed wire
around her heart
layer by layer, remake her
into someone with still the same amount
of broken places, but
far more of the broken edges
smoothed down

ashen3

and now, while her skin still tastes
of pale ash and incense, she thinks
it's the fertile renewing ash of
forest fires, and the incense found
in rituals devoted to happier things
and...she thinks she's better for it

~jml, 5/10/2021

ashen4

(Poem original. Skin is Hel, from Alia Baroque's Jail 'n Bail event at Fantasy Faire this year. The hair comes from Raven Bell, "Sakura"; I picked it up at the Neo-Japan event, but it's likely in the main store by now. The eyes are from the "Witness" set in silver from Axix. The dress is "Aura" from Psycho Barbie. The riding whale is from HPMD--yes, I finally splurged, and the riding whale is mine. And the sims seen are Candlewood for the first two images, and Krakenstorm for the last two--though be aware, if you go, there is a very trigger-happy steamship in the storm overhead, and it shoots to kill.

(I'm...happy. These days. And for those that know me, they know that's not something I say lightly. And it's still new, and tentative, and I'm not used to it, and I'm still waiting for the pianos to fall from the clear sky, but...for now. For here. I'm...actually happy.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going out to clean the pasture spring;
I'll only stop to rake the leaves away
(And wait to watch the water clear, I may):
I sha'n't be gone long.—You come too.

I'm going out to fetch the little calf
That's standing by the mother. It's so young,
It totters when she licks it with her tongue.
I sha'n't be gone long.—You come too.

Robert Frost, "The Pasture"


Renewal, re-birth, re-generation... all a part of the Spring of the year. And also best done with someone to go along with you -- either to help, or to be helped. So, "You come too." :)

-M

Emilly Orr said...

I intend to. Life with an open heart is sometimes terrifying, optimism more so, but...I've loved horror films all my life, I can live with a little terror, reaching out.

I will come too.

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...