27 June, 2020

she tried her best and now she can't win it

trust-and-sadness1

all my friends say "when you gon' play?"
I'm always too busy, I don't need to stay up late
but I change my mind when I see your face
'cause I trust you


It's here. We're here. Void stars, it's...there was no time. There was so much less time than I thought.

trust-and-sadness2

now it's on like Revlon, middle of the night
gimme just a minute, man, I'm higher than a kite
and I can't come down, but I know I'll be all right
Because I trust you


I...trust. The trust has not left. The trust is firm. There is still a fixed star to my wand'ring bark. That has not changed.

Everything else has.

trust-and-sadness3

when you say "hey, come on,"
I know I really, really want to
I trust you


That's never been the problem.

trust-and-sadness4

when I stay, I know I really ought to go
but then I trust you


And that, I should never have done. I knew better, but I pushed it aside. I knew the rules, but I didn't want to think about them. The backlash started before we ever got here.

trust-and-sadness5

I trust you
I trust you


The backlash was still a slow, persistent hum from the last time this misunderstanding flared.

trust-and-sadness6

Why are we here again? I did want to know, do...want to know. But...now it no longer matters. There's no going back, no rethinking, we are now on the far shore. Oceans of misunderstanding between us. There's no ship bound for home.

trust-and-sadness7

when you say "hey, come on"
I know I will because I trust you
I trust you


Now nothing matters.

I like to think that I am reasonable
but I can't tell you why I'm down on the floor
I check my hair, but I don't know what it's for
I know tomorrow that I'll trust you some more


Now I start crawling across broken glass. Glass I shattered. Glass I watched others shatter. Doesn't matter, it's still in my way.

trust-and-sadness8

when you say "hey, come on,"
I know I really, really want to
I trust you


And it's the only way out. At least it's on brand.

when I stay, I know I really ought to go
but then I trust you
I trust you
I trust you
I trust you


Maybe I do need a keeper, just so I won't get more cracks across the glaze. Though I have so many at this point, it's hard to discern my original pattern anyway.

trust-and-sadness9

I keep on making bad decisions cause I

I just have to keep going.

I keep on drinking what you're giving cause I

I just have to keep going.

I keep on making bad decisions cause I


I just have to keep going.

I keep on drinking what you're giving cause I--

I have to get out of here.

(Pictures taken at Death Row's mainstore (South), POST's mainstore, After the Fall, DarkRadiance and Little Bat's mainstore. Song is "Trust You by Rob Thomas.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...