20 February, 2019

rocket man, burning out his fuse up here alone

Oddity out of nowhere, and I'm keeping the references in to the actual group, this time, because it's relevant.
[11:25] sxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Hey All I have a great Idea there should be a sales group called Wicked Wednesday and it just have BDSM sex Gorean related sale items hmmmmmmm sounds like a great idea right? Some one get on that... thanks..
Meet Mr. D. Named that way because his display name starts with a different letter than his in-world name. Mr. D's kind of a jerk.
[11:25] Emilly Orr: 25L started as a Gorean-merchants-only group.
[11:25] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: laughs that is a good idea, but most of the 25l one is BDSM
[11:26] Emilly Orr: That too
[11:26] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: lol
[11:26] Emilly Orr: Even on weeks where it's tilted largely towards clothing stores, there are collars, there are harnesses, there are camisks, there are cages. So we're sort of already there.
[11:27] sxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: no no they are not they are mostly all modern reg clothing
I don't know where he gets this. I went to the 25L group's Flickr page, and didn't even have to scroll far to find examples. (Note: some of these are NSFW.)

This was a slave bed from Krescendo. Deliciously Bound, who mostly makes fetish gear, put out this merchant sack camisk a bit back. In fact, there's a lot of camisks on offer, nearly every week--like this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this...I mean, we all get the idea by now, right?

Then there are the harnesses, like this one, and this fetishy number. And this piece, while not a leather harness, could probably still work.

How about a leather thong for the guys? That was an offering one week. And this fur stole was unisex and modifiable, and it would certainly work with Mr. D's character in Gor. (So would this set of trews and this fur drape for that matter. Or this outfit. Or this sweater.)

There have been some harem girl outfits, some general "Arabian" style outfits like this one, this one and this one, some poses that could easily be used in a bondage setting, and while this is slightly more modern, I could see it on some bondmaid in a tavern dance pit.

How about collars? I remember this one and this one, this one...and there have been others.

And I've seen veils, like this one and this one.

There have been Gorean-appropriate footwear offerings, like these sandals, and these strapped boots. There are also occasionally fur leggings.

And as far as furnishings, this could work in a Gorean setting, it's even in healer's colors. And this hanging bed also could work in Gor. This chair would also be perfectly appropriate in a Gorean home or hall. And there was this cage for slave girls, and every couple of weeks, someone offers up a fur.

This bit of statuary was a reproduction of the "Swords in Stone" monument at Hafrsfjord, Norway.

If he wanted to kidnap a panther girl, there was this.

I remember buying this set, of claw blades, which come in a bloody and clean version. They live in my Hallows folder, but I'm absolutely sure that a sufficiently creative sadist could have made use of them.

There's also been a variety of Free Women gowns--I'm not bothering to link them--and some few 'bond girl' kirtles, like this.

And finally, while this set piece would require some creativity, the ottoman, at least, had appropriate animations for a BDSM scene.

I trust we all get the point by now, right? There are items. There are other items that are available on the 30L and 35L lists. And if you're looking to upscale a little bit, joining the Smooching Serpents group will get you at least one daily "sale" item--just keep in mind their idea of "sale" pricing is usually L$399 for one hour, instead of L$1899. It's still an amazing deal, absolutely, it's just not L$25, L$30, or L$35.

Are there more items made for women than men? Sure. Because there are more women than men in SL. But male items do exist. They are there. And this idiot has managed to miss all of them.
[11:27] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: i wish more creators worked silks and such towards the mesh bodies now
[11:27] Emilly Orr: You haven't been hitting every store, then. But I said 25L STARTED Gorean. They've adapted since to modern, to Victorian, to occasional SF attire.
[11:27] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: they are extremely hard to find
She's talking about silks here, not male items.
[11:28] sxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: sorry if your seeing that stuff please send me those sales list
You're just not looking. And I would have pulled something together, but you're such a jerk I have zero desire to help you.
[11:28] Emilly Orr: They are. I still have to use some flexi panel skirts when I'm wearing silks.
[11:28] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: also 30L has a few BDSM/gor items
[11:28] Emilly Orr: [Dxxxx], Girly's, Luas, Roawenwood just off the top of my head. They're about half BDSM/bondage, half fashion.
[11:29] Emilly Orr: 30L has done the same thing-- they started as purely modern, and have slowly added in furniture stores, and stores that build for fetish.
[11:29] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: am sure if you send a NC to the head of the group they can work out something like that if needed
[11:29] sxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: no they don't they have things that I would not call BDSM they have lil cute things that has a cuddle or something, that No one but maybe some high rise petty boys and girls would own
Are you kidding? So...what you're saying is that it's not that there aren't BDSM and fetish items on the list, it's that they don't fit your narrow, pig-headed definition of "manly" BDSM items? Really?
[11:30] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: chuckles is why i do the kinky event and fetish fair
[11:31] Txxxxxx Hxxxxx: maybe you should hit a bdsm event? there's Romp right now
It's a good point. There's generally some bondage-geared event every month in SL, let alone all the wide variety of stores with adult items who cater to the community.
[11:31] sxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and sure the hell nothing that a Guy that has a measurable amount of testosterone would have
Y'know...usually the guys who say they're entirely made of testosterone are desperately afraid they're gay. Not saying that describes Mr. D, but it's a trend.
[11:32] Emilly Orr: Romp is open now, The Gacha Garden is doing a Fetish round, there's XXX, I think Red Light District is close to opening up again...
[11:32] Txxxxxx Hxxxxx: but at Redeux there is Artisan Fantasy with their amazing stuff, and Painfully Divine is offering a spanking bench too :D I am sure there are more things, these are just the two immediately coming to my mind
I was first introduced to Painfully Divine solely as a bondage shop, because of their line of rose-thorn furnishings and collars. They've expanded since then, but I still tend to think of them as BDSM first.

Artisan Fantasy is more just...really good pieces, for landscaping, furnishings, occasional homes, the rare actual outfit...but they do have a line of adult furnishings that are very nice.
[11:32] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: i have a nice littel dungeon along with my capture/rape cellar.... but then i have no testosterone
[11:32] Emilly Orr: Right, I think Kinky's still open too
[11:32] Emilly Orr: Painfully Divine usually shows up in the 30L list, but yeah, nearly everything she makes is geared to BDSM/bondage.
[11:33] Txxxxxx Hxxxxx: I think Painfully Divine is in 25LT :)
[11:33] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: i go and look at each store on the lists and only buy what i may use, im picky but thats just me [11:33] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: she normally is too
[11:33] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: so is roawenwood
Don't get me wrong, all of the sales groups try to bring in 'new blood', so to speak, but there is a core group that shows up on every list. And many of those still tilt towards Gorean and BDSM items, because that's how this list started.
[11:34] Emilly Orr: I am too, I used to hit every store and if I thought I could use it at all, I'd buy it. I'm pickier these days.
[11:34] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: even boxing up and tossing really old stuff my inventory is at 27K
[11:35] Emilly Orr: Don't even. I've been steadily culling since January 2018 and I am only NOW down to 157K
[11:35] Emilly Orr: On the other hand, I know half of that is textures.
[11:35] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: need a texture organizer
[11:39] Emilly Orr: I need to go through them first. I don't want to put anything in an organizer I'm not keeping.
[11:39] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: not sure i have an empty one though
[11:41] sxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: still say we need things that guys with testosterone would buy not guys with man buns smirks ...... yes yes I am arguing this because I miss annoying [Txxxxxx]
[11:42] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx grabs popcorn to watch
[11:43] sxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: tosses some butter and pop corn cheese to [Cxxxxx]
[11:43] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: ohh thank you...keep going ill watch *smiles*
[11:43] Cxxxxxx Mxxxxxx: btw very nice to meet you [Dxxxx] Sir
At this point, the conversation trailed off. Also at this point, especially with that side line about him missing irritating a group mod, I pulled Mr. D's profile.

It will surprise no one that he's Gorean, that he's a sadist, that h thinks he's a Dom, that most of his groups are Gorean, that he's the typical "I do what I want/don't go running to my mate if I'm screwing someone else" guy. Now, that doesn't disqualify him for respect, partnered people are allowed to do what they choose to, though my personal opinion is that it's better if their partners know and support their actions. But, it does indicate a general mindset.

Also, he's in all three 'number' groups, with the exception of 55L Thursdays--he's in the 25L group, the 30L group, and the 35L group, so why the hell hasn't he seen this already? I maintain he's just not looking. Or he's dismissing the male items he finds as not being for him, you know a REAL man, instead of some "man bun" wearing sissy.

And please, get real. I've seen Marines in man buns. Hells, I've seen bodybuilders in skirts, so give the hell up. There is no "one way" to define masculinity, and trapping yourself in a box for your gender just isolates you.

Pfft, he sounds like a wannabe anyway.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...