22 July, 2014

accompany me by the kitchen sink

More Hair Fair coverage! (Part the first, part the second, part the third, part the fourth, part the fifth, part the sixth, part the seventh, part the eighth, part the ninth, part the tenth, and part the eleventh, seen previously.)

Next up: the demos from Blues, which is apparently so new a store that the designer doesn't have it linked on her profile. Okay, then. We move forward anyway!

From Hair Fair
We start with "Annie", a chunky, curled style that has a teensy looped ponytail on the back. I thought I'd picked two separate shades, but apparently it was in the same triple color-fade of pale violet, aqua and seafoam green.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is "Crystal", an excessive updo which I'm showing in pale blonde and dark blonde. I'm not crazed about this style from anyone, but I know a lot of residents love it, so I'm sure it's a win-win for someone.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This one weirds me out. This is "Emilia", which I'm showing in a blood red from the front, and an ash brown from the back. But even if I'd had the same shade for both shots, it would still look odd to me, for two reasons. First, from the front it's clearly (from many different angles) a shoulder-length cut, yet from the back it's clearly a very long, loose, non- shoulder-length style. Bwuh??

The second problem is also visually jarring, but in an entirely different way--along the right-side back, again, there's a cluster of hair strands which are just badly put together. It's very visible, and unflattering, which is sad, because from the front this style is simple, lovely, and actually makes razor-straight bangs work.

(from the Hair Fair album)

This is "Jolene", in a sort of rich cappuccino, and a bright carrot tone. There's a little problem with some of the hair strands along the right side of the crown, from the back, but it's pretty easy to ignore.

(from the Hair Fair album)

And this is "Rosalie", which I chose to show in the vibrants, in particular magenta and a saturated cyan (or aqua, take your pick). Not entirely sure the combo of top-high hair-loops and long, loose hair works, precisely, but at least it's not what everyone else is doing.

You can find Blues at Hair Fair on the Noirette sim. And watch Ms. Avie Button's profile; maybe she'll toss in a teleport on her picks at some point so we'll know where the store is!





And the usual report of what I'm wearing, now from high above the Sanguinarius Community Center:

Eyes: Mayfly's "Deep Sky" mesh eyes in Rising Spring (sclera w1), purchased in April of 2013.
Skin: The "Lilah Morte" skin in Ruby from The Little Bat, purchased way back when I first joined the group in 2012.
Outfit: The "Whilda Green" jacket and skirt combo from Footpaw Industries. Today only, it--and about seven or so other color variations--are available for L$25. It comes with matching high heels (not shown) and a pearl pendant (either silver or gold, depending on the colors of the outfit; Whilda Green's comes in gold).

Still using Nam's Optimal Skin 2 for the Windlight setting, and I've also pushed up my graphics a little to include basic shaders, atmospheric shaders, and the Advanced Lighting Model setting. (It's important to note that even under the relatively stripped-down Singularity viewer, my current drug of choice, that I still can't move with Advanced Lighting on, because of the induced shading, I think.) Anyway, there you go--these shots are not my norm of point-and-shoot standard-midday lack-of-Windlight pics. More to come!


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...