22 July, 2014

some people live to remember when

More Hair Fair coverage! (Part the first, part the second, part the third, part the fourth, part the fifth, part the sixth, part the seventh, part the eighth, part the ninth, part the tenth, part the eleventh, part the twelfth, part the thirteenth, and part the fourteenth, seen previously.)

(from the Hair Fair album; Clawtooth's styles for Hair Fair 2014)

Clawtooth's demos all came in single-color tones, but there are multiple variants, and at least they're named. This is "A Little Soul" in "Girl Next Door", and "Starlet blonde". It's a style that has a similar silhouette to many of the styles at this year's Fair, but it's prettily done, and would work on a variety of avatar shapes.

(from the Hair Fair album; Clawtooth's styles for Hair Fair 2014)

This is "Cherry Bomb", another softly tousled short style that's very fun and flirty. I snapped it in "Orange you glad" and "Softest Black".


(from the Hair Fair album; Clawtooth's styles for Hair Fair 2014)

Next up is "Kinda Casual", a long style that features a loose, hair-wrapped ponytail over one shoulder on the front, and a beautiful braid detail horizontally across the back. I'm showing it in "Delicious wine" and "Coffee with cream". It also comes with an included alpha; I didn't use it.

(from the Hair Fair album; Clawtooth's styles for Hair Fair 2014)

Finally, this is "Misty Day" in "Golden Girl" and "Sunny days red". There's a little clipping over one shoulder in some of my poses, but I think that's less a fault of the hair, and more that I use a variety of poses from multiple makers. There's also an alpha included for this one; once more, I didn't feel I needed it.

The only 'problem', per se, I had with these demos was rez time--it seemed the longer the style was, the more time it took to fully settle into place. Whether that's a demo coding issue, or a style issue, though, I couldn't tell you.

(Not shown: "Color Me Pretty", a flattering long style with soft waves. I know I snapped pictures of it, but now can't find them, so...bah.)

You can find Clawtooth on the Noirette sim.





And the usual report of what I'm wearing, now from high above the Sanguinarius Community Center:

Eyes: These are the "Determination" Soul Windows eyes from IM Capped, seen here in 'Cityscape'. She makes gorgeously glossy eyes in everything from realistic tones to the most fantastical blends imaginable.
Skin: The BS Avery (So Lonely) skin in Light from Panda Punx, picked up during the Antisocial Hunt a few weeks back.
Tattoos: To deal with the psychotic magenta lips on the skin, I'm using MOCK Cosmetics' Mythic Neutralizer, then over that her L'eau Havelock Blue Lip Gloss 1, then her Vitrail Lip Gloss in Black Licorice (lip 1). Some of these may be group gifts, I can't recall, but she's a wonderful designer of makeups and skins.
Outfit: I went minimal; admittedly, I've already hit the point of being tired of demos in the leetle box. This is On a Lark's "Adena" mesh camisk in Steel; if it wasn't a L$25 item from yesterday, then it was a L$25 item from last week.

Still using Nam's Optimal Skin 2 for the Windlight setting, and I've also pushed up my graphics a little to include basic shaders, atmospheric shaders, and the Advanced Lighting Model setting. (It's important to note that even under the relatively stripped-down Singularity viewer, my current drug of choice, that I still can't move with Advanced Lighting on, because of the induced shading, I think.) Anyway, there you go--these shots are not my norm of point-and-shoot standard-midday lack-of-Windlight pics. More to come!


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...