22 July, 2014

wild when the waves start to break

More Hair Fair coverage! (Part the first, part the second, part the third, part the fourth, part the fifth, part the sixth, part the seventh, part the eighth, and part the ninth, seen previously.)

We're done with the A's!



So time to move on to Bizarre Hair, which...is fairly bizarre, this year.


(from the Hair Fair album, Bizarre Hair's "Horsepower")

So, uh...this is "Horsepower", and...it looked phenomenally elegant on the vendor board at Hair Fair. On the wall, I loved it--the intriguing concept of the banded globe, the black pearls festooning the style, the galloping horses cascading through the updo...And then I put the demo on.

The best way I have to explain it is this:



The horse eyes bling. They BLING. Plus, the horse forms are really, really shiny. It's less off-putting than it is baffling--I can see maybe jeweled eyes that have a light shimmer, but...serious old-school bling?!? WHY?!?

(from the Hair Fair album, Bizarre Hair's "La Vie")

This is "La Vie", a pseudo-vintage tribute to French hairstyles, complete with a deconstructed riding hat. It's lovely, and very elegant, but...there are parts of it that also bling.

(from the Hair Fair album, Bizarre Hair's "Birdhouse")

This is "Birdhouse", which mercifully has no bling, but does have some really excellent texturing on the birds. Also, as you can see from the second shot, there are nests in three of the little houses! In fact, there are three nests and seven birds in total.

(from the Hair Fair album, Bizarre Hair's "Victory")

The last style is "Victory", which again, does not bling, but the water the winged angel pours atop the hair is animated. As usual with Bizarre hair, I have no idea where I'd wear any of these, but I'm fascinated with the creativity that inspires them.


You can find Bizarre Hair in Brunette sim.





And the usual report of what I'm wearing, now from high above the Sanguinarius Community Center:

Eyes: Mayfly's "Deep Sky" mesh eyes in Rising Spring (sclera w1), purchased in April of 2013.
Skin: The "Lilah Morte" skin in Ruby from The Little Bat, purchased way back when I first joined the group in 2012.
Outfit: The "Whilda Green" jacket and skirt combo from Footpaw Industries. Today only, it--and about seven or so other color variations--are available for L$25. It comes with matching high heels (not shown) and a pearl pendant (either silver or gold, depending on the colors of the outfit; Whilda Green's comes in gold).

Still using Nam's Optimal Skin 2 for the Windlight setting, and I've also pushed up my graphics a little to include basic shaders, atmospheric shaders, and the Advanced Lighting Model setting. (It's important to note that even under the relatively stripped-down Singularity viewer, my current drug of choice, that I still can't move with Advanced Lighting on, because of the induced shading, I think.) Anyway, there you go--these shots are not my norm of point-and-shoot standard-midday lack-of-Windlight pics. More to come!


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...