20 July, 2014

the color of my blood is all I see on the rocks as you sail from me

More Hair Fair coverage! (Part one is here; part two here; part three here; and part four here.)

(from the Hair Fair album, the "Adore" style from Alice Project)

Moving to Alice Project, this is "Adore". It's a two-part mesh hair, bangs and base, but it's also pretty completely customizeable with the various HUD coloring packs. This one, particularly, because as you can see, while I can't change the fuschia bits of the wings and bangs, I was able to change the right and left side of the base hair individually, and give two separate tones to the bangs part. That's pretty nifty.

(from the Hair Fair album, the "Airedine" style from Alice Project)

"Airedine" takes "Adore" and the soft, shaped fall and simply brushes the front strands over the shoulders. Otherwise, it's a very similar style. Still not sure I'm sold on the straight-edge bangs, but it's still lovely.

(from the Hair Fair album, the "Born To Die" style from Alice Project)

"Born To Die", on the other hand, proved to be tricky. No bangs, one solid mesh piece, which you'd think would make it easier, but no matter what I tried, I could not manage to tint the 50% grey sections. Which bothers me a tad, because they weren't there out of the box.

At any rate, barring the grey areas, it's as simple to tint as the rest, and is a voluminous, wavy style that's very flattering.

(from the Hair Fair album, the "Carmen" style from Alice Project)

"Carmen", while attractive as well, is my least favorite of this year's selections, simply because I'm not fond of pulling the front of your hair up in a pouf. Other women like this, though, and I did say that it's attractive; it would suit a lot of shoppers seeking out this specific style.

(from the Hair Fair album, the "Sileny" style from Alice Project)

Finally, we arrive at "Sileny", a simple, loose back-parted style that's drawn over either shoulder, and again, it tints easily and quickly, but again, it has those straight-edge bangs. (They seem to be popular this year, along with twin-bun styles.)

All in all, very tempting offerings from Alice Project, and you can find them on the Blonde sim.





And the usual report of what I'm wearing from the Bare Rose sandbox:

Eyes: Poetic Colors gives out a LOT of freebies, but Lano Ling also makes really good eyes for sale. These happen to be the "autumn moon" freebie, bright sclera version, but I do have more than a few PC eyes that I've bought. Really excellent shading, and incredible color variations.
Skin: After Curio returned to the grid, Ms. Phoenix sent out the "Party Girl Megapack" to everyone in her group. This is the "Moonbeam" (light tone) skin, "Potion 1" variation.
Outfit: The "Demon" asymmetric strapless number from FashionNatic for the dress (and I honestly can't remember if it was a freebie, or if I bought it on the Marketplace), then SN@TCH's "Aspen" knit stockings in Red (not shown), and DV8's "Eternal Love" boots in Red (and DV8 is unlinked, because they closed again) (also not shown).
Tattoos: Lipstick is from The Sugar Garden; it's the "Bitten" Dolly Lips in Dark. And the chest tattoo is from REDRUM, it's the "Sacred Heart" tattoo.

Still using Nam's Optimal Skin 2 for the Windlight setting, and I've also pushed up my graphics a little to include basic shaders, atmospheric shaders, and the Advanced Lighting Model setting. (It's important to note that even under the relatively stripped-down Singularity viewer, my current drug of choice, that I still can't move with Advanced Lighting on, because of the induced shading, I think.) Anyway, there you go--these shots are not my norm of point-and-shoot standard-midday lack-of-Windlight pics. Done for today, but expect more tomorrow!


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...