20 July, 2014

I am an introvert, an excavator

More Hair Fair coverage! (Part one is here; part two here.)

This year, Argrace's offerings were all countrified. I don't mean that negatively, though, having spent part of junior high and high school in Colorado, if I never wear a cowboy hat again, I'll count that part of my life a swimming success. That being said, for cowboy hats, they're well textured, the bead sets or leather bands around the crowns are pretty, and they don't seem to have a lot of clipping issues, so yay for that.

(from the Hair Fair album; country-hat hair from Argrace)

This is "KANADE", in Midnight, which comes with the cowboy hat wrapped with a vintage beaded leather strip. It's a messy braid with fringed bangs, and even I have to admit, it's attractive.

(from the Hair Fair album; country-hat hair from Argrace)

This is "MINAMI", a loose, long style I'm showing off in Almond, and the hat that accompanies it has a branded leather strap with brass studs (the branded plate is also brass, and it's a really excellent texturing job again).

(from the Hair Fair album; country-hat hair from Argrace)

This is "NAGI", which I'm wearing in Rosewood, which features a hat with a double rope band. Again, really good texturing on the hat, and seriously, there's at least twenty or more shades, most of which I'm not going to show--everything from a pure white all the way down to a raven-black, hitting blondes, reds, brunettes and browns in between.

(from the Hair Fair album; country-hat hair from Argrace)

And this is "SORA", in Strawberry Blonde (which to me, is closer to a dusty blonde, really), and this one features a black cowboy hat with another branded brass-and-leather studded band. This is a razor-cut short style that looks very summery.

You can find Argrace on the Noirette sim, and even if you don't pick up any of these styles, if you like their hats, they're offering a pack of three as a Hair Fair gift. So at the very least, go and pick those up!





And the usual report of what I'm wearing from the Bare Rose sandbox:

Eyes: Crebain's Rathia eyes in Hiacynth; no idea whether they were a hunt gift, or something I picked up full price, but I did acquire them this month, if that helps.
Skin: The Marina group gift from The Sugar Garden; the group's pricey to join, but she makes such lovely things, I think it works out.
Outfit: Bits of the Tokko Fuku Lady C2 from Bare Rose (that won't take you to the main store, but the mesh section on the main sim)--in particular, the chest wrapping and the...un...modified knickerbockers? I have no idea--along with the boots (likely neither of those shown in the pictures above).
Tattoo: Kandy Tattoos' "Achor" chest tattoo (a set of faded blackwork anchors wound with rope that sit just below the collarbone; I'd change the name, but the tattoo came in no-copy, no-mod). It was a find on the May Day hunt path earlier this month.

And I ended up using Nam's Optimal Skin 2 for the Windlight setting, and I've also pushed up my graphics a little to include basic shaders, atmospheric shaders, and the Advanced Lighting Model setting. (It's important to note that even under the relatively stripped-down Singularity viewer, my current drug of choice, that I still can't move with Advanced Lighting on, because of the induced shading, I think.) Anyway, there you go--these shots are not my norm of point-and-shoot standard-midday lack-of-Windlight pics. More to come!


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...