19 July, 2014

who is the alpha and what is made of cloth?

Hair Fair this year opened on the 12th of July, but don't fret: it's going to be open until the 27th, which is amazing and yay for all involved, I think. And this is the first group of hair demos!

This year, I went alphabetically.

(from the Hair Fair album, this is the "Francis" demo hair [size 70 skull demo because the demos can't be resized] from Adore&Abhor)

So, right off the bat, I love this look. The only thing I think it lacks is some indication of hair pins, because you simply cannot hold a bun this loose atop a human skull without some sort of assistance. Still, tiny little inconvenience, can be easily ignored, and apparently in the full version, the bandana twist comes in different colors. Or at least complementary ones; it's difficult to tell without a demo.

(from the Hair Fair album, this is the "Darling" demo hair [size 70 skull demo because the demos can't be resized] from Adore&Abhor)

This is "Darling", in an actually lovely baby-pink, and right off the bat I should tell you that initial unpacking/scanning tells me that this style is going to be seen a lot from various designers. There's always one token style, and this year, it seems to be variations on the twin bun.

(from the Hair Fair album, this is the "Chu" demo hair [size 70 skull demo because the demos can't be resized] from Adore&Abhor)

And finally, this is "Chu", a style vaguely reminiscent of ploom hair, but again, a really lovely soft petal-pink to go with the blonde base. I like all three of these styles.

This hair comes unrigged, so it can be adjusted into position, and while they don't include an LM to their Hair Fair location in their demo box, you can find them on the Blonde sim.



For this run, I'm in a skybox hovering over the Bare Rose VIP sandbox. Because...reasons addressed yesterday, of home-that-is-not-a-home, because I-can't-set-home-there, because the-land-owners-are-skeevy-beyond-all-reason, reasons.

Eyes: Mayfly's Liquid Light mesh eyes in Absinthe Shadow (w1 shade).
Skin: The Twilight Pink skin from Drop Dead Gorgeous; it was a hunt gift I found back in July of 2013, but it's pretty.
Glasses: Freebie I picked up at Trinite a while back; they're surprisingly versatile, though I don't know if they're still available.
Outfit: Hunt gift from Southern Chicks, but I like it enough I'm definitely visiting them again and seeing what they have for sale. This particular offering includes the off-shoulder peasant blouse in five sizes, a set of painted bell-bottom jeans (not shown) in five sizes, and a set of brown suede ankle boots that work pretty well, too.

And I ended up using Nam's Optimal Skin 2 for the Windlight setting, and I've also pushed up my graphics a little to include basic shaders, atmospheric shaders, and the Advanced Lighting Model setting. (It's important to note that even under the relatively stripped-down Singularity viewer, my current drug of choice, that I still can't move with Advanced Lighting on, because of the induced shading, I think.) Anyway, there you go--these shots are not my norm of point-and-shoot standard-midday lack-of-Windlight pics. More to come!


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...