22 July, 2014

crab claws and bottles of rum

More Hair Fair coverage! (Part the first, part the second, part the third, part the fourth, part the fifth, part the sixth, and part the seventh, seen previously.)

I felt bad about the last entry concerning Analog Dog, so tonight, I went back to the Brunette sim and grabbed their demos directly. So here we go!

(from the Hair Fair album; the Hair Fair offerings from Analog Dog)

We're starting with "42", which is a big, bold, poofy explosion of curls. I'm showing it in "Chili" and "Crimson/Fairy", and, while there's a little bit of alpha occlusion issues, the mix of mesh and flat textures really works for this one.

(from the Hair Fair album; the Hair Fair offerings from Analog Dog)

This is the confusing one of the batch--the demo itself is labeled "Chance", but the box vendor at Hair Fair called it "Other". Whatever it is, it's a huge coiling braid that wraps really well over one shoulder. The pictures show "Shea/Pop" and I-have-no-idea, because the demo's scripts bugged out and there's a large section that now refuses to be changed to new tones. What I was trying for was something off the HUD for light red tones, so...there's some red there.

(from the Hair Fair album; the Hair Fair offerings from Analog Dog)

And we tie things up with "Ring", another bold style festooned with huge rag curls. I snapped it in "Purple/Mint" and "Turquoise". This one would be a great casual style and would work well with a lot of outfits, though there are some strands that are positioned pretty high off the skull.


You can find Analog Dog in the Brunette sim.





And the usual report of what I'm wearing, now from high above the Sanguinarius Community Center:

EyesIKON's "Utopia" eyes in Dark Red, acquired in April of 2013. Likely a group gift, but I honestly can't recall.
Skin: Lumae's "Nima" skin in Cream/Watermelon, a free gift this month for members of the SL Frees & Offers group.
Outfit: Both from Somnia, I'm wearing the "Kimeyos" mesh star halter (available for sale currently at the 'My Attic' event) with the "Zhevios" tailored mesh pants in Rose (still available on Somnia's lucky boards). Since they won't be seen anyway, I didn't bother with stockings or shoes.

Still using Nam's Optimal Skin 2 for the Windlight setting, and I've also pushed up my graphics a little to include basic shaders, atmospheric shaders, and the Advanced Lighting Model setting. (It's important to note that even under the relatively stripped-down Singularity viewer, my current drug of choice, that I still can't move with Advanced Lighting on, because of the induced shading, I think.) Anyway, there you go--these shots are not my norm of point-and-shoot standard-midday lack-of-Windlight pics. More to come!


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...