18 September, 2018

you've gotta get up and try

Wait, the Halloween Haunted House people mentioned they had two haunts.



So let's go through the second one, I don't think I did that before.



The entryway is lovely.

There's also a fun bit from the welcome mat:
[12:04] susans matt whispers: Please take a moment to observe our Rules: 1. No Weapons, 2. No Particles or Poofers, 3. No Pushing, 4. Have fun!
I think I can agree to these rules.



And there's an excellent case for prim-saving in the living room of the house--that back bookcase is just a texture, and it's OBVIOUS that it's just a texture, but it does tell us there's a built-in, floor-to-ceiling bookcase there, and visually, we're content with that. Not everything needs to be the latest interactive clickable mesh whatever with haunts. Hints, implications, and plain textures over high-prim details--those still work very well.



The kitchen is similar to the first house, though...all those white cabinets make it look far, far too clean. Still, it gets the idea across. Sadly, the tray of candy apples and haunted ice creams do not give any items to carry about. Aww.



And I know this is just me, but...the plastic-wrapped body in the corner of the kitchen just put me in mind of the Robert Helpmann dead body videos. But maybe that's just me.



That is an insanely large Ouija board.



Seance room upstairs on the left...



And a lovely little daybed in the room on the right.

All in all, a nice little house. So, at the end of the day, what we have are two houses with similarities, but enough differences to be interesting, some good places to sit and take photos, and a place to pick a pumpkin or bob for apples outside. No huge sound effects, no jump scares, just a good time in a couple of haunts.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...